• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
\
JFM is a lunatic. Who the **** hits the first ball he faces from Jasprit Bumrah over his head for six ffs.
I like the approach. There's been so many times this season where bumrah has come back on when runs are flowing, bowled full tosses and gotten away with it. I get that he's bumrah and you need to respect him, but it feels like it's gotten to a point where players are in a "I can milk him" mindset and not in a good position to just hit a 6. Bumrah's just bowled the 19th over in this DC game, sent down 3 full tosses, one of which also provided width, and none of them went for more than 1. It's poor cricket.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hot take but JFM is a pretty awful striker of the ball for someone that scores as fast as he does. If he doesn't absolutely middle it he's lucky to clear the circle and it dribbles away for 4. Needs the field up to be really effective, I can't imagine him being that useful at the end of an innings with 5 men out

Spark

Global Moderator
Hot take but JFM is a pretty awful striker of the ball for someone that scores as fast as he does. If he doesn't absolutely middle it he's lucky to clear the circle and it dribbles away for 4. Needs the field up to be really effective, I can't imagine him being that useful at the end of an innings with 5 men out
I mean that's because he tries to hit everything for six. Hence he tries to hit balls which are difficult to time and middle properly and most other batsman wouldn't try to hit for six as well.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
8 of the 9 highest ever totals have come from this season.

The contest between bat and ball is over.