• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Rajat Patidar have Heel injury i doubt kohli can open with Faf for RCB koz Rajat very important member

May be Anuj Rawat or Finn Allen open with Faf Duplisis & virat to #3

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Rajat Patidar have Heel injury i doubt kohli can open with Faf for RCB koz Rajat very important member

May be Anuj Rawat or Finn Allen open with Faf Duplisis & virat to #3
They would put an Indian opener/at 3, no? Faf, Maxwell, Hazlewood and wandindu/Bracewell look like the 4 overseas depending on hasarangas availability.

G. S. Kohli

Streaming on all IPL 2023 matches on Jio Cinema it's free for all 140 Carore people in india from Jio Fiber service

As long as you lived in india & you have Jio Fiber you will get free IPL on all your Equipment Even if you not subscribe Jio Cinema for your jio fiber pack-age you still gets free for all 74 matches only in 2023

G. S. Kohli

In Rupees

20 Carore winner of IPL '23

13 Crore run-ners-up

7 Crore each for all play -off team

I wish rohit recover well by Sunday, he was Absent last knight when all captain invited by IPL Organizer

Molehill

International Captain
So this monstrosity gets underway today. As the games start at 3pm in the UK, I will always stick it on in the background (it is live cricket after all) and hope to see the English players do well (Stokes and Moeen up today).

I presume there is very little interest in Aus/NZ given the general times of matches.

Molehill

International Captain
In Rupees

20 Carore winner of IPL '23

13 Crore run-ners-up

7 Crore each for all play -off team

I wish rohit recover well by Sunday, he was Absent last knight when all captain invited by IPL Organizer
I think I read that in the IPL, players salaries equal about 18% of total revenues. This is significantly lower than most professional sports. The Premier League is at 74% whilst most US Sports are around the 50% mark.

Some people must be getting very rich off this....

Heboric

International Debutant
I think I read that in the IPL, players salaries equal about 18% of total revenues. This is significantly lower than most professional sports. The Premier League is at 74% whilst most US Sports are around the 50% mark.

Well as previously mentioned in the wrong thread, down here in South Africa we are not going to see it. Supersport is not airing it, I guess the asking price was too high. For Supersport not to decide to air it, it must be really a high price

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Premier league at 74% of revenue doesn't look right. How do they make a profit out of running the tournaments then?

Molehill

International Captain
Premier league at 74% of revenue doesn't look right. How do they make a profit out of running the tournaments then?
Just re-read the article again, it was actually 71%, but the point remains.

And they don't make a profit. Man Utd are being sold and are currently £1bn in debt. The likes of City, Newcastle and Chelsea paying stupid salaries that wouldn't be allowed in normal business.

The impact of the salary cap is interesting:
"The IPL's salary cap is the central mechanism for keeping the figure that players earn down. Without it, IPL owners – a group that includes the Ambanis, who are estimated to have more than £150 billion in assets, and many of India’s richest individuals and companies – would be free to keep on bidding against each other for players. If they could, the share of revenue that players earned would be at least 50 per cent, says the sports economist Stefan Szymanski."

Socerer 01

the owners and organisers see it as reward for making the league this big and successful despite the risk associated