• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* IPL 2019

Borges

International Regular
I went by a very simple yardstick: how good a FC league is is reflected in the relative strengths of the test teams that evolve from these leagues.

I understand, and appreciate, that the Miyagi measure of what 'Real First Class' is is would be quite different.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I went by a very simple yardstick: how good a FC league is is reflected in the relative strengths of the test teams that evolve from these leagues.

I understand, and appreciate, that the Miyagi measure of what 'Real First Class' is is would be quite different.
Bizarre to exclude the Sunfoil Series then.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
RCB with some weird team selections. Surely Hetmyer/Ali have be dropped now. Have Stoinis open the batting with Patel, Kohli at 3, AbDV at 4. Then bring in Southee into the bowlers, then you have one international spot left for CdG/NCN. Also would like to see Sundar at some point.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah, the Sunfoil Series. Isn't that a smaller league than the 3 day provincial Cup?
This is single handedly the most blatantly inaccurate and absurd thing I have ever read here, you absolutely couldn't be any further from the truth if you tried. You obviously know precisely zero about South African first class cricket, shut it before you embarrass yourself even more

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He doesn't have a rationale at all. Probably just wanted to put Ranji #1 and county last to get a reaction.
Well he's done alright then. This is probably the first time I've seen anyone bite on one of his poor troll attempts. Usually everyone just ignores him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well he's done alright then. This is probably the first time I've seen anyone bite on one of his poor troll attempts. Usually everyone just ignores him.
He gets some bites on his deliberately incorrect usage of ATVG. I think even I've bitten at that even though I know he's trolling because it's just so infuriating. :laugh:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the FC competition called in Pakistan?
Railways? Pipelines? Telecommunications? Saag bhajie?
:laugh:

Imran Khan wants to fix that. Rejected the current stipulated and says that the competition should be an inter provincial one. Makes more sense.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Ah, the Sunfoil Series. Isn't that a smaller league than the 3 day provincial Cup?
Nope; other way around.

FTR, ranking leagues based on the success of their national teams so rigidly is ridiculous.

I'd have to imagine the Sunfoil Series would be quite high up by virtue of only having six teams - meaning less dilution of top domestic players.

Not knowledgeable enough on the various leagues, though, to make a comparison of my own.