• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India v West Indies Tests & ODIs

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by bombay harrony
otherwise from the jaws of deafeat.
Errrm...what? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
None of his posts so far has made any sense at all. I don't know whether he is deliberately doing it to wind the rest of us up or whether that is his natural style.:rolleyes:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
None of his posts so far has made any sense at all. I don't know whether he is deliberately doing it to wind the rest of us up or whether that is his natural style.
A new place in cricketweb should be made where ppl with no sense can go post and it doesnt effect the post counts...

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Absence of murali will be a sure blessing for Ozs , otherwise from the jaws of deafeat. Murali will be missed badly.
What the hell are u trying to say, well may be next time u can use real english, Where do u make up these sentences anyways. :(!

henochschon

Cricket Spectator
Absence of murali will be a sure blessing for Ozs , otherwise from the jaws of deafeat. Murali will be missed badly.
There should be age restriction on this site, kids shouldn't be allowed to fool around over here!

anzac

International Debutant
ohhhh crap - I've managed to find another from the terrace element!!!!!!!

maybe it's a tactic to distract us from the questions raised in this thread????

Oh well - I still stand by my previous comments !!!!!

:P:P:P

Bazza

International 12th Man
:ticking: Just getting back on topic for eine minuten, I am really impressed with Chris Gayle. He now has nearly 1500 test runs at 35 including a 200 and nearly 2000 ODI runs at 34 including a 150. He's also got some handy part time off spin with 8 test wickets and 45 at 28 in ODIs including 2 x 4-fers. All this and he's only just turned 23! He is the man to carry WI out of mediocrity and become a froce again, along with Samuels and Dillon.

Oh yeah, and he's just completed his 3rd ODI hundred....:D

Eclipse

International Debutant
Hell yes I agree Bazz
Gayle Just got out for 140 off 127 balls with 12x4 and 5x6. This guy can really bat!

I think he is one of the most talented young batsman in the world and boy has he got some shots.

bombay harrony

Cricket Spectator
Murali's absence from ODIs vs. Oz

I do not know why so many Oz fans are upset, just because I said Oz will be lucky not to Loose ODIs with SL, because of possible Murali's absence.

Still it was not written in broken kashmiri english !!!

[Edited on 15/11/2002 by bombay harrony]

bombay harrony

Cricket Spectator
Ostrich sinks his head in sand?

Sure one can not use certain words here. agreed.

However, when some fans = whoever or from whereever ?? they are= mention that India should play Youhanna, Kaif, Jaffer, Khan , etc.[some of whom have failed repeatedly to perform after being given so many chance , ] then it is ok.

I guess Implied references are no problems here as long as they are not expressed !!!:baddevil:

Andre

International Regular
hehehe Sarwan 99* at the end of the innings! can't help but feel for the guy, hes never gotten an international ton despite being so close so often

CricketGuru

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally posted by Andre
hehehe Sarwan 99* at the end of the innings! can't help but feel for the guy, hes never gotten an international ton despite being so close so often
Yeah thats a shame that such a great player cant get to a 100 i am very impressed by his batting.

V Reddy

International Debutant
The wicket now is really behaving like an australian. I have never seen an Indian Pitch bouncing so much. Even of good length its bouncing till rib cage. India have no chance of winning. Fielding second has done the trick for WI

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two crucial decision which contributed to the Indian victory- Dravid given not out early in his innings - clearly top edged, Bangar not out before he even got half of his runs - clearly edged to Jacobs!

Turning points...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Two crucial decision which contributed to the Indian victory- Dravid given not out early in his innings - clearly top edged, Bangar not out before he even got half of his runs - clearly edged to Jacobs!

Turning points...
Bad decisions are part and parcel of cricket. The same Dravid was given out wrongly in both innings of the third test. The fact is that India has done a great job of chasing a huge total with Tendulkar absent and none of the regulars(Sehwag, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Kaif) contributing much. Kudos to them!!!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
maybe..... But it was a fantastic effort by the Indian team. This is what winning is all about, if the previous batsman didn't do it then the middle order and middle lower order must take responsibility.
West Indies dont have a great attack, there was due on the ground, but 324 takes some getting. I am really impressed with Dravid, he's really learnt the ropes of ODI cricket very well, he is providing a very crucial aspect to the Indian batting order : maturity and stability. And bangar ?!! that was a surprising innings....amazing every time a fella comes out and produces the goods for India.

However, the relative strenghts of the two bowling attacks largely dictates how to read into the current series, A team that was belted for 324 then came out to thrash the opposition for 325.............

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Gotchya
maybe..... But it was a fantastic effort by the Indian team. This is what winning is all about, if the previous batsman didn't do it then the middle order and middle lower order must take responsibility.
West Indies dont have a great attack, there was due on the ground, but 324 takes some getting. I am really impressed with Dravid, he's really learnt the ropes of ODI cricket very well, he is providing a very crucial aspect to the Indian batting order : maturity and stability. And bangar ?!! that was a surprising innings....amazing every time a fella comes out and produces the goods for India.

However, the relative strenghts of the two bowling attacks largely dictates how to read into the current series, A team that was belted for 324 then came out to thrash the opposition for 325.............
The bowling attacks of both sides are mediocre. However, the most important reason is that the tracks are dead and doesn't offer anything to any bowler which is why most subcontinent matches are runfests.

V Reddy

International Debutant
But there was much help to the quicker bowlers in the 2 innings under the lights. The ball was really bouncing high. That was the reason that Bishop said that he would go back naked if india won. He was that confident after he saw the pace and bounce. Also, Rik ur saying about Banger has gone wrong. Maybe u should say that ENG will lose and they may win.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by vishnureddy
But there was much help to the quicker bowlers in the 2 innings under the lights. The ball was really bouncing high. That was the reason that Bishop said that he would go back naked if india won. He was that confident after he saw the pace and bounce. Also, Rik ur saying about Banger has gone wrong. Maybe u should say that ENG will lose and they may win.
Really!!:wow: That makes the victory even more sweeter. I wonder if Bishop will keep his word:D or whether he will be allowed to?:D I mean, are you allowed to streak in an airport or in a plane?:D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Bangar 57* off 41 balls... :wow:

Now I really have seen everything - this is just why Cricket's such a wonderful game :)

It should be a very good end to the series. All four games so far have been won by the chasing sides...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
There have been massive scores in all the O.D.I's surely the total has ammased 1000..

Well Gayle and Sarwan should tak the opportunity given here from the bowling attack to improve so they can prepare well for the World Cup , But mind you their performance here with an avg of say 80 would be different to the World Cup A Lot different .