• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In a time of soaring costs it must be really pleasing for Jimmy to live rent free in so many Indian heads

Xix2565

International Debutant
I mean when the statistics so far suggest that only the new ball has gotten wickets and Jimmy's used that quite a bit it's hardly worth this basic response. Don't know why you go straight for "living rent free" when I've just mentioned an exaggeration of the truth.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean when the statistics so far suggest that only the new ball has gotten wickets and Jimmy's used that quite a bit it's hardly worth this basic response. Don't know why you go straight for "living rent free" when I've just mentioned an exaggeration of the truth.
You aren’t the only poster in the thread, pal. Was largely directed at Shri’s decade long insecurity to the great man and the laughable Clouderson shout (NB it was barely funny in 2010).

But to be clear when the ball gets changed it’s not a ‘new ball’

Dissector

International Debutant
Incidentally I bought a 4k 50 inch TV recently and this is the first significant cricket I have watched on it and it was glorious with the blue sky and green grass. We are lucky to be cricket fans in this era...

Shri

Mr. Glass
You aren’t the only poster in the thread, pal. Was largely directed at Shri’s decade long insecurity to the great man and the laughable Clouderson shout (NB it was barely funny in 2010).

But to be clear when the ball gets changed it’s not a ‘new ball’
yes really insecure about the previous world record holder until yesterday

every team has a shami whats the problem? no other team wanks about a shami level bowler except eng

sad thing is if i were to shout this out to him after an anderson over, he would already be halfway to the showers by the time i am half way done with my insult, because he can't hack test cricket without frequent naps and showers

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
yes really insecure about the previous world record holder until yesterday

every team has a shami whats the problem? no other team wanks about a shami level bowler except eng

sad thing is if i were to shout this out to him after an anderson over, he would already be halfway to the showers by the time i am half way done with my insult, because he can't hack test cricket without frequent naps and showers
There’s tryhard and then there’s this. Go to bed Shri

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
India in the driver's seat here. They're winning barring weather intervention.

The real story is, what to do with Kohli? How much longer is he going to be part of the XI? No such thing as being in "poor form" for 3+ years. Just means you are not good anymore. You watch Kohli play post-2018 and it's hard to see him as anything but a major overachiever in Tests. The man only has 2 shots in his arsenal:

1) if the ball is full enough, he'll play the cover drive
2) If the ball is full and straying down, he'll play the flick off his legs.

That's it. You bowl him anything else and he'll defend, leave or get out. It's just so easy to bottle him up by simply bowling in the channel. He's so shot mentally that he refuses to take any chances. And so limited in terms of range of shots that he'll always revert back to his overdependence on the cover drive - a risky shot in most countries.

He could once overwhelm his nonexistent backfoot play and general lack of variety in range of strokes through sheer youth and determination, but age stopped being an ally a long time ago. And clearly no amount of hard work has been able to compensate for what he has lost with age. This is a matter of talent now and Kohli obviously doesn't possess enough to cut it at this level. How much longer is he going to stay on the team based on what he used to do 4 years ago?

loterry1994

International Debutant

The real story is, what to do with Kohli? How much longer is he going to be part of the XI? No such thing as being in "poor form" for 3+ years. Just means you are not good anymore. You watch Kohli play post-2018 and it's hard to see him as anything but a major overachiever in Tests. The man only has 2 shots in his arsenal:

That's it. You bowl him anything else and he'll defend, leave or get out. It's just so easy to bottle him up by simply bowling in the channel. He's so shot mentally that he refuses to take any chances. And so limited in terms of range of shots that he'll always revert back to his overdependence on the cover drive - a risky shot in most countries.

He could once overwhelm his nonexistent backfoot play and general lack of variety in range of strokes through sheer youth and determination, but age stopped being an ally a long time ago. And clearly no amount of hard work has been able to compensate for what he has lost with age. This is a matter of talent now and Kohli obviously doesn't possess enough to cut it at this level. How much longer is he going to stay on the team based on what he used to do 4 years ago?
i wouldn’t say Kohli overachieved, he was incredible before 2020 and scored runs across all formats and in some of the toughest conditions. As seen by many of the greats they had their periods where they weren’t firing. If I’m kohli I’d be dropping myself from the test team after this match and probably take a bit of a break then get back to first class cricket to get his confidence up again. I don’t think his done at all.

ashley bach

International Captain

Can sense your frustration with his poor form of late, but not so sure he's done with just yet.
It's arguable that he's the greatest ODI player of all time, he definitely has more than 2 shots in his arsenal, but he's just not bringing them out atm.
There have been times where I've thought this guy isn't human he was just that bloody good.
It's been a rough trot for him through difficult times, but remember it only takes 1 innings and everything can change.
It's a dangerous business writing off players, especially all time greats, they can quickly put egg all over your face.

FBU

International Debutant
Leading wicket takers in the series so far
Bumrah 21 wickets at 21.10
Robinson 21 wickets at 21.33
Anderson 21 wickets at 21.71
Siraj 18 wickets at 27.56

Runs
Root 595 runs at 85.00
Sharma 368 runs at 42.49
Pant 322 runs at 40.25

39 players have taken part in the series.

ashley bach

International Captain
Leading wicket takers in the series so far
Bumrah 21 wickets at 21.10
Robinson 21 wickets at 21.33
Anderson 21 wickets at 21.71
Siraj 18 wickets at 27.56

Runs
Root 595 runs at 85.00
Sharma 368 runs at 42.49
Pant 322 runs at 40.25

39 players have taken part in the series.
Incredible those top 3 bowling figures, 21x6, can't split them.
Joey Root stands out there like dogs balls.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Incredible effort from Pujara really. Ball was misbehaving a fair bit and just when it started to get easier it would get changed.