• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India & Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates***

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Armadillo said:
He's always been available, he just can't play on the leg side.
Has not stopped him from having a pretty respectable average in one day cricket. He should be in the squad if you ask me and should be pushing Younis Khan for the number three slot.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I'd have to disagree, they were memorable, now its just overkill. I mean, India-Pakistan is always good, but weve had so much of it, that all the furore has died down, and everything. The first series was the best. Then its just been a bit too much.

adharcric

International Coach
Yeah India-Pakistan matches have lost a little excitement because of how many we've had lately. Anyways, now that we have some matches hopefully India thrash the Pakistanis.

adharcric

International Coach
Well the first Abu Dhabi match is coming very soon. One thing: Yuvraj Singh needs some rest. He's done just as much as Bhajji, Pathan and Dravid and they've all gotten a game off.

1st ODI
Sehwag
Uthappa
Dravid
Kaif
Raina
Dhoni
Pathan
Powar
Harbhajan
Munaf
Sreesanth

2nd ODI
Sehwag
Uthappa
Dravid
Kaif
Yuvraj
Rao
Dhoni
Pathan
Harbhajan
Munaf/RPS
Sreesanth

Don't give VRV any matches right now. Let him get his confidence and rhythm back with the A team.

Craig

World Traveller
Joy to the AAAS then.

So when is the next series between these two teams? Next year or the year after?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Craig said:
Joy to the AAAS then.

So when is the next series between these two teams? Next year or the year after?
I don't know why you guys sound so negative about this all. This is just a two match ODI series. India and Pak will be playing ODI series against each other every year and test series against each other every second year, like the Ashes. PLus this series is mainly for earthquake relief.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Craig said:
Sorry where was I being negative?
not exactly you, but most guys on this thread. TWo ODIs is not that much. And it is for a good cause ( at least one of them is). Basically, it isn't anymore than it would have been had the series in Pak been a 7 match series, as was actually proposed.

adharcric

International Coach
honestbharani said:
not exactly you, but most guys on this thread. TWo ODIs is not that much. And it is for a good cause ( at least one of them is). Basically, it isn't anymore than it would have been had the series in Pak been a 7 match series, as was actually proposed.
yeah i'm not really that annoyed with it. it gives kaif and sehwag a chance to get form back.

Craig

World Traveller
Ah Kaif, that is a player I've always rated.

What's happened to him? Gotten a raw deal or has been out of form, although Raina has started out well it seems (haven't seen him bat yet).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gotten a raw deal in tests, have been woefully out of form in ODIs. Was good in the tri-series against Zimbabwe and NZ but after that hasn't played so well.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
TT Boy said:
Has not stopped him from having a pretty respectable average in one day cricket. He should be in the squad if you ask me and should be pushing Younis Khan for the number three slot.
If you discount his form against Bangladesh, Hameed's average would look very average.