• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono said:
RP Singh to score a match-winning double ton? :D
Bah, had Yuvi not gone out RP Singh would have taken India to victory :p

Anyway fair play Pakistan. From 6-36 who the hell could have seen this coming. I honestly can't believe that after India had Pak reeling like that they could lose, but that's how cricket is I guess.

Wish the first few tests, like everyone I assume, contained better pitches. But when the crunch came in the 3rd test, Pakistan were too good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
andyc said:
Can someone explain to me what was going on here?

Ball came in at shin height to Tendulkar, kept very low and went under Tendulkar's bat and bowled him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Haven't been able to watch mostly and cannot analyse. But congrats Pakistan on the their performance!

Choora

State Regular
Tony Blade said:
Man of the match.... Akmal or Mohd. Asif?
Mohd Asif

Though i think Razzak will get it.

And all the ppl including experts who were saying that Pak were going defensive by having Razzak in the team..:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nnanden said:
What a match. Not a great series, but what a match.
Yeah, the series was never going to go down as a good one but this match went as far as it possibly could to making up for the first 2 disgraceful pitches.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha Andy. Shorter one by Asif, kept low, bowled Tendulkar.

But there`s another pic with his helmet off, and it does look weird.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jono said:
Yeah, the series was never going to go down as a good one but this match went as far as it possibly could to making up for the first 2 disgraceful pitches.
Nicely said. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Deja moo said:
Congratulations to Pakistan.

Their first series win over India in 19 years.
*waits for someone to point out the Asian test championship and claim it as a series* :p

Well Pakistan have just knocked over England, 2nd best team, and then India when they were officially ranked 2nd best team (I think they drop down to 3rd again after this series loss). They're on a roll.

PY

International Coach
Pakistan v England, Pakistan v India, India v England, England v Pakistan in a row. :D

Interesting to see who comes out on top after all these series. Really looking forward to the next two series for England. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah England vs. India should be an absolute gem of a series seeing as both have just lost away to Pakistan. They'll both be hungry and holes and weaknesses in their teams would/will be looked at prior to the series. It shall be very interesting how that goes.

Pakistan's batting in England will be a worry IMO, but as Deano said earlier (yes he said something worth quoting), Asif is going to be a menace in England if he gets any assistance at all from the pitch. He already showed today the cut and seam movement he can get on a relatively flat wicket, English conditions will only help him. Swing conditions will help Rana, and Akhtar is self explanatory. Pakistan's bowling should do well in England I'd imagine, its just whether their batting can stand tall.

Choora

State Regular
Congrats to Pakistan, they were indeed the deserving winners.

India bowlers bowled poorly in this match (most part of the match) while Pak bowlers were simply fantastic.

As for Indian batsmen, the less said about them the better.Some of them are prooving to be flat track bullies:@

Sachin interestingly had a poor series, interesting he lived up to his reputation of failing in the second innings!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Poor Sachin. And yet, go Asif! :D

Afridi also had a wonderful series. I don`t think England will have much of a go of it in India at all to be honest, you need spinners, and England have none. Their batting also needs to adjust on these sub-continental pitches.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
Poor Sachin. And yet, go Asif! :D

Afridi also had a wonderful series. I don`t think England will have much of a go of it in India at all to be honest, you need spinners, and England have none. Their batting also needs to adjust on these sub-continental pitches.
It is with much regret that I have to agree with you regarding the spin department - I'm delighted that Panesar gets the trip though.

shankar

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
I don`t think England will have much of a go of it in India at all to be honest, you need spinners, and England have none. Their batting also needs to adjust on these sub-continental pitches.
The two teams that had series wins here (SA 2000 and Aus 2004) did it largely with good accurate seam bowling with negligible or at best a supporting contribution from the spinners.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The key isn't England's spin bowling department, its how the English batsman will play spin on turning tracks.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
brilliant showing by pak. killed all the talk that they were afraid to make a greentop! outstanding stuff...