• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

Moss

International Vice-Captain
This is what Southee should do in every 50 over game he plays, bowl through.

Jadeja, now here's a guy who loves playing NZ. Interesting to see how he goes and how NZ deal with him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I might have already said this last game, but surely Iyer remains for the Test portion of the tour.

I would bat him at 6 - It gets trickier at home when Jadeja is a lock.

Meridio

International Regular
God the commentators going in on a full Southee love in here. Kudos for playing well when sick, but it's a bit nauseating.

nzfan

Any change of heart for Southee after that outstanding spell? Players missing out due to viral/flu like they did in Aussie again. Hope it's not for too long.

nzfan

I think we should be courageous and use Chapman. It'a bit single dimension at the moment. 28 overs now and haven't seen Chapman yet.

Moss

Any change of heart for Southee after that outstanding spell? Players missing out due to viral/flu like they did in Aussie again. Hope it's not for too long.
Been a massive effort from him, yes. Wish he'd put in this sort of a performance more regularly, but then seems to bowl a lot at the death where he becomes predictable and hittable. Think he'd have been miffed about being dropped for Sydney,so credit to him for standing up today.

nzfan

That's a massive wicket by Bennett... rubbish shot from Iyer. This has been some bowling performance. Didn't expect this at all.

Quite mindless batting by India today but no complaints.

Last edited:

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
God the commentators going in on a full Southee love in here. Kudos for playing well when sick, but it's a bit nauseating.
"fielding leader" LOL. I love me some Southee but wow, I had to laugh at their praise.

In saying that, great spell. He always comes through like Taylor when under pressure, as frustrating as he can be of latter years.

jcas0167

International Debutant
they needed this guy to have played the test series in australia, hindsight and all that. Especially after lockie got injured.
Yeah, was thinking he likely would have caused more difficulties than Henry did in that last test. He might force his way into the T20 side.

nzfan

Macca ripping into Neesham twice now, once for bowling a bumper that went for 5 wides and the half volley to Thakur. Looks like Macca would not like to see Jimmy in the XI.

nzfan

Thakur can bat and bat well... didn't know he's a good enough batsman. Those shots to Neesham, backfoot over cover, punch over mid on and pull all from the top draw. The game is far from over I feel.

Moss

Definitely think Southee's working over of Kohli deserves a bit more acknowledgement on this forum,the way he set him up with the away swingers and sucker punched him after. Shows there's a sharp mind there a la Jimmy Anderson and why he's continued to be a force in test cricket despite dropping pace over the years.