• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in CWLand Discussion and Results

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not sure why the batting lineup would be shortened really. It's not like India's been batting consistently brilliantly in this series. And the bowling attack did pretty well in the last game. But the biggest issue here is that Ganguly wouldn't be happy to be dropped when he has 33 less runs than Tendulkar in one less innings in this series.

Averages so far...

Jaffer 33.40
Sehwag 48.50
Dravid 90.66
Tendulkar 46
Laxman 23.66
Ganguly 35.00
Dhoni 27.33

I agree that the bowling has been the most ineffective aspect for India thus far, but this isn't the subcontinent, so it's a bold move to play 6 batsmen and Pathan. Particularly Indian batsmen.
Can't win if you don't bowl out teams twice and cheaply too. Went for who's more likely to make runs.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Disappointing we couldn't finish them off.

Xav if you really think you need to drop a batsmen then Laxman the one on the chopping block it seems. Tough side to select though.

luffy

International Captain
so we're taking contracts off players for performing poorly in one test?
Well, it;s just the fact that he's "mentally exhausted" and waste of space amongst the Australian squad when he can't even play.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't win if you don't bowl out teams twice and cheaply too. Went for who's more likely to make runs.
So Yuvraj Singh is more like to make runs when Ganguly average over 35 in 3 innings? That's extremely harsh. Also, if you're adding an extra bowler, surely it should be Ishant. Or have I missed what Harbhajan Singh has done to effectively relegate Ishant to India's 6th best bowler?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Ishant would've been the first person i'd pick in the bowling stocks for India. The rest are tripe at best. That kid's got real talent.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
V Sehwag (6)
W Jaffer
RS Dravid
SR Tendulkar (7)
VVS Laxman
S Ganguly (8)
MS Dhoni+*
IK Pathan (3)
A Kumble (4)
I Sharma (2)
Z Khan (1)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Really dont agree with players picking the sides, i know it takes a small load of Liams and Haks workload, but just think it should be left upto to Administration, and not have input from players who are especially taking part in the series.

Not having a dig at anyone, just my opinion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I don't see a problem with it, if it's someone who knows the team that they're picking sides for. I think that's the issue here, not that a player was picking the side.

roseboy64

Game is being played at a stadium that favours spin hence Harby plays. Would be harsh to drop Sreesanth after just one Test for Sharma who wasn't outstanding in the game he got. The Yuvraj thing was a mistake.

roseboy64

W Jaffer
V Sehwag (6)
RS Dravid
SR Tendulkar (7)
SC Ganguly
MS Dhoni+
IK Pathan (3)
A Kumble* (4)
H Singh (5)
I Sharma (2)
Z Khan (1)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ridiculous to drop Ganguly. I swear India are trying to lose this series, dropping one of their best batsman, even though he averages a good 12 runs more than VVS Laxman, who hasn't even scored a 50 in this series. A travesty.