• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

krkode

State Captain
marc71178 said:
Hayden and Langer, Ponting and Gilchrist yes, the rest no.
I agree with that. The only Indian batsmen that can contend, IMO are Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, and Laxman. Sehwag has a long way to go before he can be regarded as "great." Chopra...well, I dunno about him. Perhaps he has something good in store.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I think Australia will win the series 2-1 but if the Indians do manage to pull off another test win, it would be one of the greatest upsets in the history of test cricket.

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
there is absolutely NO way justin langer would ever make the indian side. i repeat, hayden and gilchrist are the ONLY TWO that would make the side. ponting would be close, but he wouldn't make it, unless he was replacing ganguly in which case he'd be batting at no.5 and no higher. similarly marto would have zip chance. players like dravid, tendulkar, ganguly and laxman are world class, and would not be dropped for anybody, with the exception of ganguly maybe (but only in tests, NEVER in odis). and i fully agree with reallycrazy that sehwag is much better than langer. i reckon langer is a useless batsman, he's not even on the one-day side. maybe average-wise langer is better, but with time i think sehwag will develop into a better player, plus he's india's version of gilchrist..india needs somebody to just go out there and get things moving.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmm.... Ponting v Laxman

Overall Avge: 54.06 v 46.35
SR: 58.30 v 49.7
100's: 19 v 6
50's: 21 v 18
Coversion rate: 47.5% v 25%

Away Avge: 51.97 v 42.47
100's: 8 v 3
50's: 7 v 9
Conversion: 53.33% v 25%

Home Avge: 53.35 v 51.53
100's: 9 v 3
50's: 14 v 9
Conversion: 39.13% v 25%

Hmmmm........

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Someone do a full comparison,
Hayden vs. Sehwag
Langer vs. Chopra
Martyn vs. Tendulkar

and so on....it should be a comparison of no.3 vs. No.3 and so on.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Langer v Sehwag....

Overall Avge: 44.97 v 40.96
SR: 52.61 v 69.71
100's: 16 v 4
50's: 20 v 4
Conversion: 44.44% v 50%

Away Avge: 43.08 v 33.23
100's: 6 v 2
50's: 10 v 1
Conversion: 37.5% v 200%

Home Avge: 47.11 v 51.91
100's: 10 v 2
50's: 9 v 3
Conversion: 52.63% v 40%

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

jagaways said:
wow mr mxy, out of sehwags 4 test hundreds, 10 of them were away from home according to your stats! brilliant stuff sehwag!
A blushing edit.

I had listed 6/10, 2/1 when it's 6/2, 10/1.

:D

Eclipse

International Debutant
jagaways said:
there is absolutely NO way justin langer would ever make the indian side. i repeat, hayden and gilchrist are the ONLY TWO that would make the side. ponting would be close, but he wouldn't make it, unless he was replacing ganguly in which case he'd be batting at no.5 and no higher. similarly marto would have zip chance. players like dravid, tendulkar, ganguly and laxman are world class, and would not be dropped for anybody, with the exception of ganguly maybe (but only in tests, NEVER in odis). and i fully agree with reallycrazy that sehwag is much better than langer. i reckon langer is a useless batsman, he's not even on the one-day side. maybe average-wise langer is better, but with time i think sehwag will develop into a better player, plus he's india's version of gilchrist..india needs somebody to just go out there and get things moving.
Dont be stupid.

lets say Shewag is better than Langer witch he isent not as an oppener any way he look's like crap opening he just does not have the techneque or temprament. Typical FLAT TRACK BULLY if you ask me.

Any way lets say he is it's still stupid to have him in your batting line up instead of somone like Ponting. Now Ponting's not an opener but he is a darn site better batsman than Shewag and I would rather have Ponting open than Shewag if it had to come to that.

Same goes for Gangulay and Laxman they are not in Ponting's class and I dont care were they bat Ponting would do a better job in there position even if it's not his favorite one. Finding a place for him would be a must.

You talk about not disturbing Gangulay and laxman because they are setteld members of the Indian team but if we are to look at it form a diffrent perspective and say what Indian batsman would make the Australian team then Sachin and Dravid are the only ones if the same rule apply's.

Last edited:

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
jagaways said:
ponting would be close, but he wouldn't make it, unless he was replacing ganguly in which case he'd be batting at no.5 and no higher. .

As a matter of fact Indian team would love to get such a destructive batsman like Ponting, he would walk into Indian team any day.

And i would prefer langer over Sehwag as an opener for test matches.

Eclipse

International Debutant
warrioryohannan said:
As a matter of fact Indian team would love to get such a destructive batsman like Ponting, he would walk into Indian team any day.

And i would prefer langer over Sehwag as an opener for test matches.
Exactly Langer does not have the talent of Shewag but he's got gut's and he is hard to get out once he get's in.

Langer usualy makes big scores to if you give him the chance were as Shewag look's as likley to throw his inning's away wether he is on 10* or 110*.

Just look at the discusting shot he played to get out in the second innings at the Adelade oval.

And NO TEAM would pass off the chance to have Ponting in there line up.

iamdavid

International Debutant
krkode said:
Man to man comparisons are pointless. I think your comparison would mean more if it were:

Sehwag + Chopra + Dravid + Tendulkar + Ganguly + Laxman + Patel + AA + Harbhajan + Gillespie + Khan + Nehra

VS

Hayden + Langer + Ponting + Martyn + Katich + Waugh + Gilchrist + Lee + Warne + Gillespie + McGrath

That said, it is always difficult to judge such situations. Let's wait for match 3.
I agree completely , my post was merely another futile attempt at stiring Amits up :P :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
Plus the oz tail with Lee back and when Warne return's is quite a strong one and India's tail is faily fragile.

amits

Banned
nice to c reallycrazy improving and becoming patriotic :)

on a man to man basis, only hayden is the one who can get ahead of chopra. in bowling, dont c warne. warne, has been a disgrace to aussie cricket and shouldnt come back into the team. i am hoping sri lanka tear him apart next year when aus tour there and show the world what a crap bowler warne is. i agree with the DSWS here.

man-to-man :

sehwag v langer - sehwag
chopra v hayden - hayden
dravid v ponting - dravid
tendulkar v martyn - tendulkar
ganguly v waugh - ganguly
laxman v katich - laxman
parthiv v gilchrist - parthiv (c there performances in this series, both have been neck-to-neck. parthiv is still young and with time, he can be the one of the best wicket-keepers in cricket)
agarkar v gillespie - agarkar
zaheer v bracken - zaheer
kumble v mcgill - kumble
nehra v williams - nehra

a 10:1 ratio for india and now u say aus is better :lol: only some might argue on tendulkar based on current form, but they dont know that tendulkar is going to hit a big 100, possibly a 200 in the melbourne test.

also bracken and williams r better than the inconsistent lees and mcgraths. lee, was hit for 1/100 in around 20 overs, by guess what, bangladesh and zimbabwe :lol: in the next match, sehwag will hit 30 runs in his 1st 2 overs and then lee wont be seen again in that match.

krkode

State Captain
Must....control....self....SUCCESS!

Anybody who cannot control himself from replying to the above post is a weak man.:D

Andre

International Regular
amits said:

on a man to man basis, only hayden is the one who can get ahead of chopra. in bowling, dont c warne. warne, has been a disgrace to aussie cricket and shouldnt come back into the team. i am hoping sri lanka tear him apart next year when aus tour there and show the world what a crap bowler warne is. i agree with the DSWS here.

man-to-man :

sehwag v langer - sehwag
chopra v hayden - hayden
laxman v katich - laxman
parthiv v gilchrist - parthiv (c there performances in this series, both have been neck-to-neck. parthiv is still young and with time, he can be the one of the best wicket-keepers in cricket)
kumble v mcgill - kumble
nehra v williams - nehra

a 10:1 ratio for india and now u say aus is better :lol: only some might argue on tendulkar based on current form, but they dont know that tendulkar is going to hit a big 100, possibly a 200 in the melbourne test.

also bracken and williams r better than the inconsistent lees and mcgraths. lee, was hit for 1/100 in around 20 overs, by guess what, bangladesh and zimbabwe :lol: in the next match, sehwag will hit 30 runs in his 1st 2 overs and then lee wont be seen again in that match.
This is a simply amazing post. I'm too stunned to comment.:O :O

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Im going to reply because I cant be a weak man.;)

How about, amits, if the Indian team moved to Australia. Do you think that all the team, bar chopra, would get into the Australian side then?
By what you said in your last post, that would be a yes. Hmm somehow I cant see that happening, even if it is hypothetical.

iamdavid

International Debutant
amits said:

man-to-man :

sehwag v langer - sehwag
chopra v hayden - hayden
laxman v katich - laxman
kumble v mcgill - kumble
nehra v williams - nehra

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:P

masterblaster

International Captain
We live in a beautiful (yet utterly insane and delusional) world.

I suppose the world is beautiful, but its inhabitants are well....another story.