• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Poms have a better chance in this test, with Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi out.

England shouldn't miss Strauss that much.

England to level the series here, much to my disgust.... :p

irfan

State Captain
i wud've thought a better lineup for pakistan would be Yasir Hameed for Younis Khan at No.3 as he's batted there before with success, looks a good player but still reliant on boundaries IMO. Then you have Kamal in at No. 6 who seems to have a very solid technique and is bound to capitalise on his numerous starts at Test match level, if the tail sticks with him.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Well FINALLY we win the toss :D i could have kissed Vaughy!

Very surprised Plunkett got the nod ahead of Anderson, it must be do to the fact there's no cloud cover and no grass on the pitch so they favor the more bang it in style of Plunkett over the full swingers of Anderson. Good choice i reckon.

Lets hope we can get a score of 400+ on.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Delighted to see Plunks playing, and also to see us win the toss - hopefully we can take full advantage of Pakistan being a bowler short (Afridi). Shame Gilo couldn't make it, very big game for Udal. If he fails, his place as 2nd spinner for the India tour could be in doubt.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Delighted to see Plunks playing, and also to see us win the toss - hopefully we can take full advantage of Pakistan being a bowler short (Afridi). Shame Gilo couldn't make it, very big game for Udal. If he fails, his place as 2nd spinner for the India tour could be in doubt.
well yea good to see Plunkett playing but i feel for my fellow lancastrian & has you said big game for Udal for sure..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson must be gutted again.

A bit of movement early on but Shoiab too leg side to Tresco - Rana bowling well though.

How short is the straight boundary? it seemed it was over the ropes as soon as it passed mid on for that Vaughan straight drive!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Anderson must be gutted again.

A bit of movement early on but Shoiab too leg side to Tresco - Rana bowling well though.

How short is the straight boundary? it seemed it was over the ropes as soon as it passed mid on for that Vaughan straight drive!
yea weird eh dave..

greg

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
You have to wonder how long the England selectors are going to go on picking him if they don't trust him to actually play.
The selectors don't pick the team.

greg

International Debutant
Barney Rubble said:
The man with the best conversion rate in international cricket reaches 50 - once an opening bat, always an opening bat.
I think you would need a slightly larger sample to sustain that cliche.

Vaughan as captain (before this innings) averages 34 as opener, 39 at no3 and 37 at no4.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
greg said:
I think you would need a slightly larger sample to sustain that cliche.

Vaughan as captain (before this innings) averages 34 as opener, 39 at no3 and 37 at no4.
Fair enough, but it was just a throwaway comment, really. I just think he's more comfortable as an opener, didn't really know the stats behind it.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Perhaps ALL English batsmen should stop sweeping to Yousuf? :p
Seems like a wise idea. Maybe we're trying to become the first team to lose all ten wickets to the same bowler and the same catcher. 8-)