• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Pakistan (T20, September 2022)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Babar plays these regularly in jamodis/T20's needs to play these more often in ICC events though I have to be fair to him he was pretty good in WC 19

ataraxia

International Coach
Should be back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back
Yeah, should really just be across two weekends. I don't actually mind the concept of a 7-match T20 series, in that one can draw legitimate trends towards the back end of the series, but it taking up any significant period of time is yuck.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Assuming everyone in the WC squad is available I would probably want to see Hales, Buttler, Malan, Livingstone, Mo, Brook, Stokes, S Curran, Jordan, Rashid, Topley.

Absolutely no need to play S Curran at seven with three bowlers amongst the batters.

Think of the 20 overs in 6/8/6 blocks. When are they likely to be most effective?

Jordan bowls 3 of the last 6, the two left armers share the other 3. The first 6 are dominated by Curran and Topley where possible. The odd over of off spin or Stokes, plus one from Jordan maybe. Rashid bowls half of the middle eight with Stokes and the other spinners in the mix.

Obviously plans change with the game situation. But unless Rashid takes wickets you feel this attack will struggle.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan big issue going in to Australia is an unproven middle order so Babar goes about solving the issue is by having himself and Rizwan hog 75 percent of the overs in a glorified warmup series.

Not the best approach to resolve you main issues.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Babar and rizwan broke there own record for the highest opening partnership in a t20 run chase today. Good effort lads.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
With the ticket sales going to the flood relief fund and every game so far being a sell out I think it's a good thing
I agree but we also have to remember, unfortunately In the SC, you cant always assume money will be used for the purposes they say it will be used for.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan big issue going in to Australia is an unproven middle order so Babar goes about solving the issue is by having himself and Rizwan hog 75 percent of the overs in a glorified warmup series.

Not the best approach to resolve you main issues.
I was thinking this, at the end of the game commentator said something along the lines of "there were questions about the Pakistan batting, and they have answered", and I was like "no they ****ing haven't"

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's still 5 matches left. Tbf Babar has a disappointing Asia Cup and needed runs too. Besides, if the opposition can't take a wicket he's not going to retire when he's seeing it like a football lol.

Sure Pakistan could rest the openers and give more time out in the middle to other batsmen but that's not going to fix the middle order's problems. They should bat first and try going at a faster pace from the start though.