• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Wasimullah

Cricket Spectator
Are there any overs left ? I might be tempted to give MUnaf an over ....see if he can get a 90 mph delivery past Geraint's defences.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wasimullah said:
Are there any overs left ? I might be tempted to give MUnaf an over ....see if he can get a 90 mph delivery past Geraint's defences.
Light's bad - they'd go off immediately.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
thats right Jono that was a top over no doubt. I having been watching this game up until that over & it seems as Kumble & Harbhajan have been getting a lot of assistance.

Good to see Bell getting a 50 he needs to make a ton & Freddie needs to play a big captains knock, since England will need a 200 lead to give themselves a chance.

edit: spoke too soon Bell goes..

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bell's already out aussie ;)

Stumps on day 4, what a day for India. 5-112 in that long last session. Loving it :cool:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yes, an excellent day for india.. firstly getting a modest lead and then picking up 5 wickets... excellent play all around...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Bell's already out aussie ;)

Stumps on day 4, what a day for India. 5-112 in that long last session. Loving it :cool:
Which was always on the cards. Kumble's an absolute master, and you had to fancy his chances at this stage of the game.

Yet again, this game has been lost in the 1st innings. Yet again, they had the chance to build a score that would allow them to dominate, but too many of them preferred to doinate their wickets. I don't especially blame the batsmen for today's collapse, but they cost us the match by only making 300 when having first use of a blameless pitch. And it's happened in every single test of this winter, IIRC. Slow learners, or what?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's little doubt that England are in deep trouble, and India (especially Kumble) are to be congratulated on really turning the screw.

I have just two beefs.

1. A 3-hour session is ridiculous - more than half of the day's overs were bowled in that final session.
2. It's time to cut out the threwsra, Harby - there isn't a player bowling who isn't delivering it suspiciously - and you are no exception.

chekmeout

U19 Debutant
Pathans tenth international fifty.... Something tells me he's going to finish his career as a better batsman than bowler.... He's got talent....

Any idea about the weather for tomorrow?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
chekmeout said:
Pathans tenth international fifty.... Something tells me he's going to finish his career as a better batsman than bowler.... He's got talent....

Any idea about the weather for tomorrow?
Apparently it's going to chuck it down all day.

ramu

Cricket Spectator
honestbharani said:
That catch by Ian Bell ruined my day. :( Yuvi was batting like a dream really. I keep telling this everywhere... He has looked our best batsman ever since Greg Chappell came in.. No other Indian batsman look as fluent and as authoritative at the crease as him.

i agree

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
I agree with you Sanz, its the longer form of the game where he's been struggling consistently, and that's what I just cannot figure out.

Hell just look at his little cameo at the end of the first test on day 5 when he was given free reign to play his shots, he looked a totally different batsman. But when he comes out at number 4 on day 1 or day 2, he doesn't play like the Sachin of the 90s and I don't think its all physical, a lot of it is mental. He's more himself in ODIs.
How about opening with tendulkar in tests. this could be a new challenge to him and free up some of his mental fatigue (if any) with sehwag at the other end. In this way, we can also get a middle order batsman.Sachin is too precious to loose, but neverthless he has to perform or perish.

Last edited:
aussie said:
Good to see Bell getting a 50 he needs to make a ton & Freddie needs to play a big captains knock, since England will need a 200 lead to give themselves a chance.

edit: spoke too soon Bell goes..
Should have gone much earlier, plumb LBW to Kumble & dropped.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cricket_fan23 said:
Should have gone much earlier, plumb LBW to Kumble & dropped.
Swings and roundabouts.

Pietersen's decision was a shocker, but that's cricket. He benefited last time.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I can't belive how Bell and Colly got out,terrible batting.

Can any in this side make big scores?