• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

JavaHurricane

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So Sarfaraz will make his debut at Rajkot, unless India bring in Jadeja for Shreyas. That would be a very left-field choice, but knowing the Indian selectors and coaches (and, of course, Rohit)...

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Food for thought. Could England swap foakes and bairstow in the batting order? Means foakes gets to bat 5, the position he bats for Surrey, and bairstow gets to bat 7, where he's going to bat when brook is available anyway?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Padikkal is a good replacement as he is one of those batsmen who kinda pass the eye test and has no immediately obvious weaknesses to their games. I would love to see him play tomorrow but it will be unfair on Sarfraz. I honestly do not think Sarfraz will be all that good but kid deserves the chance to fail at #5. I am not sure if Jaddu should be playing either, given quad injuries take a bit longer to recover from and we need him as an allrounder.

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Pattidar
Sarfraz
Washy
Jurel (wk)
Axar
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Padikkal is a good replacement as he is one of those batsmen who kinda pass the eye test and has no immediately obvious weaknesses to their games. I would love to see him play tomorrow but it will be unfair on Sarfraz. I honestly do not think Sarfraz will be all that good but kid deserves the chance to fail at #5. I am not sure if Jaddu should be playing either, given quad injuries take a bit longer to recover from and we need him as an allrounder.

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Pattidar
Sarfraz
Washy
Jurel (wk)
Axar
Ashwin
Kuldeep
Bumrah
This might be the team to take the field next test with Siraj instead of Washy.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah.. Need the 5th bowler unless its an absolute fast turner. Slow turners can turn into slugfests.
The 5th bowler is almost always underused. Also, one reason I believe why there are no part timers in Indian squad is due to the 5 bowler policy. People like Jaiswal will be bowling couple of overs here and there to give breaks to the main bowlers and slowly gaining confidence to bowl at international level if not for this policy.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The 5th bowler is almost always underused. Also, one reason I believe why there are no part timers in Indian squad is due to the 5 bowler policy. People like Jaiswal will be bowling couple of overs here and there to give breaks to the main bowlers and slowly gaining confidence to bowl at international level if not for this policy.
I mean he could have easily bowled in the first test even as a 6th bowler. I dont think Rohit decided to not use him simply because he had 5 other bowlers. He wont have used him had we only had 4 too.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There are no downsides to picking Sundar as opposed to debuting an exclusive batsman. Padikkal if he plays will bat in the middle order anyway, where Sundar can bat adequately enough on Indian wickets.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean he could have easily bowled in the first test even as a 6th bowler. I dont think Rohit decided to not use him simply because he had 5 other bowlers. He wont have used him had we only had 4 too.
Do you think Root would have bowled 50 odd overs in the first test if they had taken another spinner and gone with 5 bowlers?