• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in CWLand Tour Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mørk vs. Jones. Battle of the drops

Mørk 4 from 7
Jones 2 from 3

Looks like Gojo has a slight advantage at this early stage of the series.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm, changes need to be maken if CW wants to even get close to the top. this is just dissapoining...take back CW's test status!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
apart from the last innings collaspe, we were pushing England all the way. Not every Test nation can beat Sri Lanka at home, actually most don't.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
RUN OUT?! RUN OUT?! Twice? That's ridiculous!

A shame to let it slip so badly on day five having matched England up to and until the Strauss-Giles partnership on day four. Encouraging signs and little to be ashamed of against one of the best teams in the world. Let's bounce back next time out.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Disappointing loss there. Did well up to that second innings collapse. Surely we should have won or at least gotten a draw. Oh well. Gotta do better next time out.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
WHAAT I took 8 wickets against England! I should be called up! :P lol. nah. first CW A and be a good and nice person...then CW XI...wait...I have to take wickets and get runs in the meantime...oohw the pressure :P

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
kwek said:
WHAAT I took 8 wickets against England! I should be called up! :P lol. nah. first CW A and be a good and nice person...then CW XI...wait...I have to take wickets and get runs in the meantime...oohw the pressure :P
Come off it, Tarick :D

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Cwbcc really needs to have a chat to thier groundsman....rain delays when playing in a dome :blink:....ok who left the sprinklers on? ;)

David

International 12th Man
kwek said:
hmm, changes need to be maken if CW wants to even get close to the top. this is just dissapoining...take back CW's test status!
I hope you are joking. We had one bad innings, the other three were all good. This is against England(!!), it was never going to be a walk in the park! I think we should look to the positives, we had a first innings lead, we showed that we can do it, now it's up to us to go on and win the remaining four.

Last edited:

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
totally agreed there david.... if he was being serious its a pretty dumb coment... we matched them for 3 out of 4 innings.. just let it slip in the chase.... alot of improvement to come and i beleive we have it.. just settling into it nicely now...

annoyed with my performance in both digs.. i was one of two bats to get to double figures in the 2nd dig but im annoyed i got run out.. trying to stay around with the tail and i run myself out..

lets go webbers fire up for 2nd test.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
p.s great bowling to robbins, and camps.. others contributed too.,.. and well batted from young, buts and also robbins.. best batting came from goffie.. good captains innings in both.. even though u only scored 67 and 35.. well done mate

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, that's not my point, it sounded as though we'd scored an unlikely victory and we could win the series.