• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
2023 Continent Cup T20 Africa
Dates 9 – 21 June 2023

Cricket format Twenty20 International
Tournament format(s) Triple round-robin and final

Host(s) Kenya

Participants 4
Matches 19

Botswana team

Karabo Motlhanka (c)
Vinoo Balakrishnan
Boemo Kgosiemang
Boemo Khumalo
Dhruv Maisuria
Boteng Maphosa
Rod Mbaiwa (wk)
Valentine Mbazo (wk)
Mmoloki Mooketsi
Reginald Nehonde
Katlo Piet
Ameer Saiyed
Phemelo Silas
Thatayaone Tshose

-----
Kenya team
Rakep Patel (c)
Sachin Bhudia (wk)
Emmanuel Bundi
Peter Langat
Gerard Mwendwa
Shem Ngoche
Alex Obanda
Collins Obuya
Nelson Odhiambo
Lucas Oluoch
Rushab Patel
Vraj Patel
Tanzeel Sheikh
Sukhdeep Singh (wk)
-----
Rawanda team
Clinton Rubagumya (c)
Martin Akayezu
Zappy Bimenyimana
Eric Dusingizimana
Kevin Irakoze
Eric Kubwimana
Oscar Manishimwe (wk)
Didier Ndikubwimana (wk)
Wilson Niyitanga
Eric Niyomugabo
Ignace Ntirenganya
Emile Rukiriza
Orchide Tuyisenge
Bosco Tuyizere

Uganda team
Brian Masaba (c)
Bilal Hassan
Cyrus Kakuru (wk)
Roger Mukasa (wk)
Pascal Murungi
Dinesh Nakrani
Frank Nsubuga
Siraje Nsubuga
Robinson Obuya
Alpesh Ramjani
Riazat Ali Shah
Henry Ssenyondo
Simon Ssesazi
Kenneth Waiswa

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

1st match June 09
Kenya vs Rwanda today at 12 pm IST
At Nairobi Gymkhana

2nd match June 09
bostvana vs Uganda at 4.30 pm IST
At Nairobi Gymkhana

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Collins Obuya is 41 years old, and is in his 16th year of T20I cricket, but has only played 52 games in the format.

He played 13 years of ODI cricket, 2001 till 2014, when Kenya lost ODI status, but managed to rack up 104 games in that duration.

He just played his 200th List A match in August last year against Jersey in that CWC Challenge League competition that we will probably never see agan.

His last innings for Kenya was 74 vs Rwanda in a T20I in November last year.

Incredible. The James Anderson of Associate cricket.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
My WhatsApp sources tell me there are like 30 people who have shown up for the Kenya match and I cannot find any live stream yet

G. S. Kohli

Didier Ndikubwimana, 19 year old opener
From Rwanda scored 43 runs while Oscar Manishimwe 27 not out,Wilson Niyitanga 26

Lucas Oluoch took 4 fer

As Kenya need 138 to win in 1st twenty 20
Obuya 41 year all rounder put on 45 in first power play with Rushab patel (35 runs)

So far Kenya Crusing toward victory with Collin Obuya 30 odd not out

G. S. Kohli

Collins Obuya is a Kenyan cricketer who first came into limelight during the 2003 World Cup when he performed exceptionally well for Kenya. He picked up 13 wickets at 28.76 and took a career best 5 for 24 in Kenya's win over Sri Lanka.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder why Obuya not in Champion trophy for Kenya in 2004? he gets Warwickshire contract in 2003.
He was one of the senior squad members to boycott the tournament over unpaid allowance. This was the first of many crises that eventually kneecapped Kenyan cricket and killed the old Kenya Cricket Association. But he also had knee issues at the time

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He was one of the senior squad members to boycott the tournament over unpaid allowance. This was the first of many crises that eventually kneecapped Kenyan cricket and killed the old Kenya Cricket Association. But he also had knee issues at the time
"Kenya's legspinner Collins Obuya will almost certainly miss the Champions Trophy in September after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix. He was rushed to hospital with stomach pains during Kenya's match against Pakistan A on Monday."

G. S. Kohli

"Kenya's legspinner Collins Obuya will almost certainly miss the Champions Trophy in September after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix. He was rushed to hospital with stomach pains during Kenya's match against Pakistan A on Monday."

Thnxs on update