• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
ffs he was halfway down the track and on offstump. the guy's hooping these away swingers. How is that out

dodgy malaysian umpires ensuring their side gets the series

cnerd123

likes this
i can't watch anymore. **** this. we're going to get so ****ed next week.

surely we have someone who can bat in this country

cnerd123

likes this
wonder what the odds were at Malaysia winning this 5-0 before this series

when I said that it's likely HK will get upset once or twice this series, people told me it wouldn't happen, HK are sending out a strong team

Look at how **** our batting is when Kinchit and Nizakat don't score. And the bowling has been sub par throughout because apparently most of our attack can't bowl effectively with a wet ball.

cnerd123

likes this
we were only going to hold on to our position as a top associate for so long. we've been regressing for years simply because other associate nations have growing player bases, domestic investment and improving facilities. We have none of that. We still only have 3 turf pitches that we get limited access to, our player base has stagnated at around 3,000 active players, and the cost of living here is so high that we can't get talented players to commit to cricket professionally for us, nor lure in 'expats' to come here and make a living from the sport.

But this isn't a case of Malaysia having a better team with more talent than us. Our batting has just been despicable, bowling and fielding sub-par. We've legit just played really bad cricket. We struggle enough due to all the above reasons, for the team we put out on the park to now before below the sum of their parts is just frustrating as ****.

Lack of experience, lack of confidence.

cnerd123

likes this
this isn't a 'oh **** look how far they've come' moment, like Oman repeatedly beating us was. This is like watching NZ go to Australia and be made to look pathetic despite being really good.

cnerd123

likes this
been a gun innings from Waqas Khan tho. I've said for a while that he looks legitimately good, needs to be playing as frequently as he can. He's our next big batting hope. Should have played the 2nd T20I.

cnerd123

likes this
our batting his hopeless. repeatedly hitting fulltossess to the boundary fielders. too reliant on Nizakat and Kinchit

bowling wise it's a stark contrast how few short balls Malaysia have bowled all series compared to our attack.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man I wish it was a tri series with us involved. Would’ve been sweet mopping the floor with HK.

cnerd123

likes this
You'll get your chance next week.

Thailand's gonna beat us on current form. Just sub par cricket with no signs of improvement. So much talent in this squad going to waste right now. It's remarkable how quickly their shoulders have dropped and confidence has plummeted too - they won 4/5 in the Challenge League B and were 1 game away from being in the T20 WC. I just don't get it.

Really wonder what conversations are going on now within the team and how the coach is going to handle this.

cnerd123

likes this
UAE and Kuwait through to the Asia Cup Qualifiers after winning the Western Region tournament a day or two ago. HK's Najeeb Amar currently the assistant coach with the UAE side, tasting success in his first outing with them.

The Easter Region tournament starts today - HK, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Singapore have posted 139/7 in their 20 overs first up against Thailand. Second innings should start soon. All games are being broadcast live on the Fan Code website/app, but nothing available for those outside of India at the moment. It is being boradcast live on YouTube, but that's a rip of the Fan Code feed that just hasn't been taken down yet. You could still go watch it though if interested. Singapore and Thailand cricket FB pages are sharing the link.