• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
ash chaulk said:
CW Red must be looking at going for draft picks now :P
Far from it Ash. We are looking at getting some wins under our belts and playing as a team rather then individualists.

Still a long way to go in this longer season, so there is still alot of hope for us to come.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think their heads are a little too big, they need to realise that thay arn't any better than any other side - s they will need to work for wins, than they might start having more success

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kwase is picking on the men who are down, as usual...great to see a man with such an intent on focusing on the negatives, instead of the positives.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yeh thats always a good way to move on i guess hey.... work on the negatives.. hows a team ever going to improve when they are suffering from form and team work and if the positives were looked upon..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
If you only focus on what's poor about a team, your confidence is going to drop, and as a result you might end up doing the things you have actually done well before poorly. Of course working on the negatives is important, but I feel Mr Knight is doing an amazingly good job of never accepting that anyone or anything can be good - only not-poor, in which case it does not sell newspapers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure there was mention of the quality of players Sam Vimes, Craig, Mr Ponting, Mr Wright and Dave are. That's not exactly a negative is it?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
It is when it's mentioned in an article such as that, where the focus in on the poor results, because it is indirectly saying that the "class" players are underperforming. (which may be true, of course, but it's not going to help us out of the rot...and it is funny how Knight refuses to write something on the new CW side, the Blacks, who have done surprisingly well this year!)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Just to mention a couple of positives so far this year for reds.

Zaid Ghansar has scored 102 1D runs @ 102.00 (2 not outs)
A Massive Zebra has taken 7 1D wickets @ 11.44
Mr Ponting has taken 6 1D wickets @ 18.67
Bugssy has 103 Smash25 runs @ 51.50
Mr Wright has 2 Smash25 wickets @ 26.50, econ rate of 5.40 (not bad considering bowlers have only taken 4 smash 25 wickets. )

Just thought i'd add in a few positive stats to go with the negative.

Some individual performances there, we need to start working more as a team rather then a team of individuals, thats when results will come.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
It is when it's mentioned in an article such as that, where the focus in on the poor results, because it is indirectly saying that the "class" players are underperforming. (which may be true, of course, but it's not going to help us out of the rot...and it is funny how Knight refuses to write something on the new CW side, the Blacks, who have done surprisingly well this year!)
In all fairness, it would have to be a hell of a long article to pick up on all the good points of the Blacks' season, so I'll let Liam off there. I'm sure he has *some* social life to fit somewhere.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's not the first time he's been suspended!

Reds = West Indies (self destruct with ease, lovely disunity and infighting)
Green = New Zealand (Let's be fair, who really cares about them?)
Blues = India (a bit over confident and full of themselves, captain's a bit of a gimp)
Blacks = England (Great players, fantastic team spirit, only way is up)

Sudeep

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Blacks = England (Great players, fantastic team spirit, only way is up)
And you think we're the ones who're a *bit* over confident, eh?

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sudeep said:
With a batting prospect from the left-armer, as is the case with India? :p
Of course! My highest score might only be 17*, but I will be making centuries soon. :p