• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** County Cricket 2019

SeamUp

International Coach
Is Maxwell playing cc or just white ball?
Also pretty ironic that hamps' overseas is blank
All formats for Maxwell. Think Burns originally available for 10 rounds but not sure how much now his likely Ashes squad selection.

SeamUp

International Coach
With Paul Stirling & Tim Murtagh the only Irishmen still in County cricket I assume they will be Middlesex's overseas players ? Maybe add another for T20s for Murtagh.

SeamUp

International Coach
Find it disappointing they are playing Briggs in this lions test. Full Scorecard of India A vs England Lions 1st unofficial Test 2019 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com

Surely Bess is the better bet long term. Briggs to me is a non spinner - although players can improve. Guess it's to do with the balance of the side. Want the right and left arm spinners. Jacks getting quite a bit of bowling in the ODIs before the test.
During the English summer I remember Atherton talking about Holden that when he bats in the top order he scored no runs but the minute he went to the middle order he did. A nation wide problem.

It is interesting how they backed him with out the output. A hunch on ability ? Ed Smith in this particular case.

Let's not forget the experience Lions batsmen ignored for this series like Vince, Malian, Gubbins, Livingstone.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Gubbins form has gone complete since his big year when we won the cc.
Can't wait to watch holder play against us this summer.
're murtagh and Stirling being our over seas players does that mean both of them won't be able to play in the same cc match together?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given Murtagh’s lived his whole life in England I can’t help but think there’d be some serious legal issues if the ECB tried to make him an overseas player.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yeah I agree. Mddsx in an awkward position where they have to decide between being loyal to a good player for us (stirling), or release him and bring in a top quality overseas player (hopefully better than cartwright).

SeamUp

International Coach
Kent sign Matthew Renshaw.

Steve Patterson official Yorkshire captain across all formats.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I agree. Mddsx in an awkward position where they have to decide between being loyal to a good player for us (stirling), or release him and bring in a top quality overseas player (hopefully better than cartwright).
Has Stirling been that good for Middlesex? I don't know the ins and outs of his contract but I don't think it would be a great loss if they got rid. Admittedly I don't follow Middlesex too closely but he's been rubbish in the championship and whilst he puts reasonable numbers together in the white ball, Middlesex as a team are always terrible in that format. It's not particularly helpful that Stirling come and goes to play for Ireland too. Maybe a t20 contract as overseas. It's the end of 2019 season that the Irish become overseas player right?

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Mohammed Amir will rejoin Essex at Chelmsford for the blast...so we have Zampa and Amir as our blast overseas with Siddle there for 2 years for Championship and Royal London

theegyptian

Screenshot_2019-02-15 KK 93 0 (9 6 ov, LS Livingstone 44 , Babar Azam 44 , AD Russell 0 17) - Li.png Classic Livingstone. Play in the PSL currently

Ended with 82 off 43 in the end. Looked overawed and out of his depth when he played those couple of t20s for England but it's a decent standard PSL so runs here and he'll be in consideration again for the England T20 side.

Last edited:

Andy1993

U19 Cricketer
Understandable he was on debut then, guy's incredibly talented think he has more of a future in the longer formats though to be honest

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would love it if we were getting trounced in the ashes while Maxwell was scoring domestic tons a few kms down the road. Maybe he's targeting the mid series call up lol

Tom Flint

International Regular
Has Stirling been that good for Middlesex? I don't know the ins and outs of his contract but I don't think it would be a great loss if they got rid. Admittedly I don't follow Middlesex too closely but he's been rubbish in the championship and whilst he puts reasonable numbers together in the white ball, Middlesex as a team are always terrible in that format. It's not particularly helpful that Stirling come and goes to play for Ireland too. Maybe a t20 contract as overseas. It's the end of 2019 season that the Irish become overseas player right?
Annoying thing is that last season was his best for us. Even In the cc he wasn't great but had a decent enough season batting at 5 and being a slow bowling option. He played every game that he was available for and only missed a few for Ireland duty. In the short stuff he was easily our best bat scoring very quickly opening. He really found his place last year and am sure would go onto have an even better one this season, he might be a decent enough overseas player to sign in 2 years time anyway.

theegyptian

Certainly wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

Poysden, Pillans and Fraine don't exactly look the strongest of transfers. They tried to bring in Olivier on kolpak but that doesn't seem to be going through. Jack Brooks gone
No second opener currently.

Need some of their youngsters to really break through. Harry Brook could be a star. Him and Zac Crawley(kent) doing well in sydney grade cricket right. Maybe two options for the top order for England in the long term.
https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/7366/olivier-signs-for-white-rose

Olivier signs on kolpak. What is happening to SA?

Funny on the yorkshire part. Gale has came round to these kolpaks he seemed to dislike.

YCCCfan

Cricket Spectator
Glad with the signing of Olivier but it feels like we are colluding in the decline of Test cricket. Having lost Plunkett & Brooks we needed a quality recplacement. Coda, Olivier & Patterson . One of Bresnan, Fisher, Pilans, Shaw, Willey or Waite to take the other place. A decent batsman & we should be safe from relegation this coming season.