• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
@S.Kennedy - you weren't wrong : Paul Coughlin: Nottinghamshire all-rounder out for 'at least four months' - BBC Sport

Still don't think Notts have done enough adding Nash and Taylor only besides Coughlin. Certainly won't be an easy season.

Agar joins Middlesex for the Blast : Ashton Agar: Middlesex sign Australia all-rounder for T20 Blast - BBC Sport

Callum Ferguson & Martin Guptill join Worcs for the Blast & County Championship : Worcestershire: Martin Guptill & Callum Ferguson sign for T20 Blast - BBC Sport

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
What are the chances of TRJ getting his test spot back ?

Maybe theegyptian can help but I am struggling to see what other options there are for him.
Think he should be ahead of Woakes. First Test at Lords. Fraser still a selector should help.

SeamUp

International Coach
Think he should be ahead of Woakes. First Test at Lords. Fraser still a selector should help.
Think England have a big summer ahead with decisions.

How long can Anderson/Broad go on.

Who are their replacements from TRJ, Woakes, COverton, Porter, T.Curran. In English conditions 2 of these type of bowlers may be fine.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Sam Hain has followed his big Lions 100 in limited overs cricket with a 50 for the MCC team. He may be a player to watch for the season but will be playing div 2.

FBU

International Debutant
Think England have a big summer ahead with decisions.

How long can Anderson/Broad go on.

Who are their replacements from TRJ, Woakes, COverton, Porter, T.Curran. In English conditions 2 of these type of bowlers may be fine.
Hopefully till the next summer. Wouldn't mind Tongue 6'4 90mph, Sam Curran left arm or Tom Helm to replace them.

I like Dom Bess as well, MCC game 2 wickets and 107

SeamUp

International Coach
Hopefully till the next summer. Wouldn't mind Tongue 6'4 90mph, Sam Curran left arm or Tom Helm to replace them.

I like Dom Bess as well, MCC game 2 wickets and 107
Until Mason Crane puts up the numbers I think it is definitely time to get on the Somerset spin train. Leach and Bess.

FBU

International Debutant
Until Mason Crane puts up the numbers I think it is definitely time to get on the Somerset spin train. Leach and Bess.
I don't think Hants will even pick Crane.

Bess 13 f/c games 22.57 s/r 43.8 - 6 5fers 1 10fer, figures to die for when you are 20 and just starting your career.

SeamUp

International Coach
Some Warm-up FC games starting tomorrow
I read that Peter Moores says they on the look out for signings but only the right one (s)
Think it will be a tough season. But's it's time such a big club like Notts start producing players. Two young players in keeper Tom Keast & Chris Gibson in the squad to play Cambridge.

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2018/march/keast-to-make-first-class-debut-at-cambridge.html

The buzz at Notts though is about Joey Evison

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2018/march/academy-feature-part-one-joey-evison.html

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2018/march/academy-feature-part-two-joey-evison.html

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It is a powerful looking championship, 2018, pertaining to overseas signings,

Steyn and Amla at Hants. Rumours of Kohli (and Morkel on a Kolpak) at Surrey. Markram at Durham. Siddle and Wagner at Essex. Ross Taylor Notts. Ishant Sharma at Sussex. Jeets at Warks. Pujara then Kane Williamson Yorks.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
What are the chances of TRJ getting his test spot back ?

Maybe theegyptian can help but I am struggling to see what other options there are for him.
TRJ walks back into the side assuming his back is fixed. Massive reservations about him away from home and I think it depends if this winter becomes a watershed moment for what we're looking for in quicks.

SeamUp

International Coach
Hilton Cartwright signs for Middlesex. Quite a few Australians playing in England in the Winter : Hilton Cartwright signs on with Middlesex - ESPNcricinfo

So to sum up for Overseas players

DIVISION 1
Lancashire : Joe Mennie
Yorkshire : Kane Williamson/Cheteshwar Pujara
Notts : Ross Taylor
Worcs : Travis Head/Martin Guptill
Essex : Peter Siddle/Neil Wagner
Surrey : Mitchell Marsh/Virat Kohli
Hampshire : Hashim Amla/Dale Steyn
Somerset :

DIVISION 2
Durham : Aiden Markram/Tom Latham