• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of Sri Lanka 2021

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1st Test: April 21st to 25th, Kandy
2nd Test: April 29th to May 3rd, Kandy

Bangladesh Squad for the first test:
Mominul Haque (capt.)
Abu Jayed
Ebadot Hussain
Liton Das
Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Mohammad Mithun
Mushfiqur Rahim
Najmul Hossain Shanto
Saif Hassan
Shadman Islam
Shoriful Islam
Taijul Islam
Tamim Iqbal
Taskin Ahmed
Yasir Ali

For the second test, these guys have been added to the first test squad:

Mukidul Islam
Nayeem Hasan
Nurul Hasan
Shahidul Islam
Shuvagato Hom
Khaled Ahmed

Sri Lanka's Squad:

Dimuth Karunaratne (capt.)
Dinesh Chandimal
Dhananjaya de Silva
Wanindu Hasaranga
Niroshan Dickwella
Asitha Fernando
BOP Fernando
Vishwa Fernando
Praveen Jayawickrama
Lahiru Kumara
Suranga Lakmal
Dilshan Madhushanka
Angelo Mathews
Ramesh Mendis
Pathum Nissanka
Dasun Shanaka
Roshen Silva
Lahiru Thirimanne

Some fresh faces in both squads...and some experienced guys returning. Excited to see Kumara back in action.

Last edited by a moderator:

SillyCowCorner1

both these teams were pretty bad against WI but SL seemed to have a bit more idea of how to bat

2-0 H?
I think that SL is more reinforced with the inclusion of Mathews and Kumara...Nissanka, BOP, Thirimanne are in form. Lakmal was just Player of the series here in the Caribbean. They are formidable at home.

The best that Bangladesh would do here is to draw a match...otherwise, it's 2-0 to SL.

Then again, I would be cautious not to rule out this Bangladeshi team. Some good players are still there.

SillyCowCorner1

SL team should be (my guess):

1. Karunaratne
2. Thirimanne
3. BOP
4. Chandimal
5. Mathews
6. Nissanka
7. Dickwella
8. Hasaranga/Jayawaickrama/DDS
9. Lakmal
10. Kumara
11. Asitha/Vishwa Fernando

Aritro

International Regular
Ebadot being in the side not ideal, but we'll see how we go.

Must be a flat pitch if Tamim's teeing off like that?

cnerd123

likes this
both teams going in with 'normal' looking XIs, which is odd. 3 seamers for each, BD batting Miraz at 7 - perhaps a spot too high.

Hasaranga and Dhananjaya not the most threatening spin attack SL have ever fielded.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I kinda wish Mathews would give up on his bowling in the name of longevity.

His batting is valuable enough, but when he keeps breaking down while rolling the arm over that benefits nobody

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not really. Mathews' bowling has been a non-entity for years.

Interesting to see SL go in with three seamers and no Dilruwan, not that I'm complaining about the latter.
Mickey Arthur seems to have decided that Embuldeniya, Hasaranga, DDS and Sandakan are the spinners of choice for the national side. Not the worst thing, given they got 1 of each variety.