• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in NZ 2021-22

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ross for an over before lunch, pleeeease.

Edit: BOOOO! Give Latham the sack.
It's actually amused me how much I've seen on social media, here etc along the lines of 'give Ross a bowl' sort of mentality. I honestly can't remember a precedent for this sort of ceremonial stuff in cricket. I imagine the last thing Ross wants to do is bowl, and I don't think it would have crossed Tom's mind...and in all the retirements I remember (of batsmen) I don't remember any calls for them to bowl.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's actually amused me how much I've seen on social media, here etc along the lines of 'give Ross a bowl' sort of mentality. I honestly can't remember a precedent for this sort of ceremonial stuff in cricket. I imagine the last thing Ross wants to do is bowl, and I don't think it would have crossed Tom's mind...and in all the retirements I remember (of batsmen) I don't remember any calls for them to bowl.
He couldn't bowl a hoop down a hill.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
At this point, his action probably resembles John Howard's.

But am I right? I don't recall any retiring player ever being talked up for a bowl, if they weren't actually a bowler.
I think I remember Ponting having a bowl in his farewell Test.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Unwanted Black Caps spinner Ajaz Patel has been voted the ICC’s men’s Player of the Month for December.

Patel took all 10 wickets in India’s first innings of the second test at Mumbai last month, becoming only the third player in tests to achieve that feat after England’s Jim Laker and India’s Anil Kumble.
No **** aye. Wasn't deemed the best player out of 22 in that game, but deemed the best player of 7 billion on the planet for that month. Must've been his 3-150 in the previous Test that clinched it. Nice one ICC. And thanks Skyliner for your ongoing commitment to good news.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh the main reason I didn’t want Ross to bat again wasn’t because of team strategy but just because Ross is bad now, worse than bad when he tries to slog, and him finishing in much worse style than the first innings seemed likely.

I’m really not looking forward to his remaining ODI innings either. Just hoping against hope he can scrape together at least a 50 at some point by anchoring the innings against some soft middle-overs bowling.

jcas0167

International Debutant
The Australia debate is so weird when Jamieson seems like he was genetically made in a lab to play in Australia.
Still wonder how he would have gone had he played at the SCG ahead of Henry (especially given Howsie's comment about how he was looking far more dangerous than Henry bowling to Raval in the nets). Tough place to debut but I suspect he would have done pretty well.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
One very important thing I should mention. Stephen Fleming and Kyle mills have been calling Ebadot the following : Edabot and also Edabop. Was laughing my ass off.

Aritro

International Regular
How'd Naim look against the red ball, chaps?

I like him as a project player, but feet rooted to the ground head nowhere near the ball is my guess?

Aritro

International Regular
My shortest Aussie-raised Deshi mate took a selfie with Mominul once. I'm not sure he's ever been taller than another dude in the same room but he was fkn towering over Mominul. It was wild.

Tbh, it was also a tremendous advert for the nutritional value of Australian lamb.