• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2014/15

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has Voges played himself into a Windies tour? Insane form, had a strong season last year too (769 @55), not really settled middle order.

Might be good even if only as the guy to slot in if Pup's back can't take the flight.
Deserves it tbh, getting dropped because he didn't have an insane strike rate in India and didn't have a feast was a bit harsh. Would rather him as the spare batsman over Burns especially for England.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
England had ventured to India and won a series in late 2012 through the batting of Alastair Cook and Kevin Pietersen, plus the spin of Graeme Swann and Monty Panesar. But the wickets they had played on bore no comparison to those being cooked up for Australia. As an Indian selector explained to an Australian counterpart in Hyderabad, "We were worried about England's spinners, so for those games we tried to prepare decent wickets. But we knew your inadequacies against spin, and our spin bowling was better than yours. We knew if we made sure the wickets were extreme you couldn't beat us." In India, and more recently in England, this had become known as using home-ground advantage. In Australia, it was known by another, less agreeable term: a stitch-up.
Check out who didn't actually watch the England series.

Riggins

International Captain
Haven't heard anything about him leaving, but nothing would surprise with the saca. Likes Adelaide more than he did Sydney though.

I'd love to see him go back to NSW and become a serious test bat. wag.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't heard anything about him leaving, but nothing would surprise with the saca. Likes Adelaide more than he did Sydney though.

I'd love to see him go back to NSW and become a serious test bat. wag.
just that cooper's playing as an european in county cricket and so is cosgrove so im not sure if cooper can come back

Riggins

International Captain
I'd guess so? It's annoying that sort of contract stuff isn't more available. I don't think they were happy with him going and playing in the BBL though.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Someone on twitter just gave Brad McNamara praise for the improved coverage for the WC, genuinely not knowing it wasn't nine. Brad McNamara assured him that they weren't changing anything.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He deleted it (shock) but here’s the original tweet:https://twitter.com/Bay13Flogcast/status/571486802097266689

FTR it’s still really easy to see someone’s tweets if they’ve blocked you. All someone blocking you does is mean they won’t see your tweets and you can’t see anything if you go to their profile on the browser version. Searching their @ and using the mobile version and you can see all.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah I could just log out of twitter and look at it, but I try to avoid logging out of anything because I can never remember what password is for what?