• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Women in New Zealand 2021 thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finally the rain has cleared away from Eden Park (for now?) and we're apparently starting at half past.

_Ed_

Don't want to jinx it, but these two are doing a good job of lifting the run rate.

EDIT: Damn it.

Last edited:

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Feel like that's a **** decision by the third empire. Seems like the last vestige of benefit of the doubt goes to the batter is gone. I feel like if there's not a frame in which the bails are dislodged and the bat is not in the crease, it can't be given out.

_Ed_

And now that slightly dubious third wicket has immediately been followed by a fourth, fifth and sixth. Sigh.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Yeah. The dodgy Amelia Kerr dismissal was a real turning point of the innings. Nice to see some top order solidity prior to that though. Down played really well. She had averaged 7.5 after 11 ODIs prior to today!

_Ed_

Pleasing start with the ball, but I just don't think we have enough to defend against this ridiculous batting line-up.

_Ed_

Healy, Perry and Gardner just too good for us today, along with Schutt with the ball. We're not the first team that's happened to, and won't be the last.

Spark

Global Moderator
I actually thought Aus were seriously wobbling at one point but this batting order is a bit OP when you can bat Ash Gardner at 6 with more to come.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Ash gardener is such a weapon for our side. Don't think there's a player in women's ODI who hits it as cleanly as her.

_Ed_

I actually thought Aus were seriously wobbling at one point but this batting order is a bit OP when you can bat Ash Gardner at 6 with more to come.
Yeah, I thought we were in great shape when we got Lanning early, but it didn't take long for those high hopes to start crumbling.

_Ed_

Strong start by Australia today. We certainly needed that Healy wicket.

tony p

First Class Debutant
I think we can all agree that Suzie Bates is a far better cricketer than she is a commentator, she is hard to listen to.