• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
EDIT: Geez that's jagged a mile.
Yeah that was more Brad Hogg than Starc. Ridiculous.

Played awfully by Rassie too, though. No shame in getting out to it but really should have been able to get out lbw there instead of clean bowled.

Spark

Global Moderator

Played awfully by Rassie too, though. No shame in getting out to it but really should have been able to get out lbw there instead of clean bowled.
Oh yeah a good player is getting out LBW. But short of rank incompetence on behalf of both umpire and fielding captain, that is a 100% chance of wicket ball. You're never getting bat on that and it's always in line.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steyn and Duminy together, to be precise.

You're actually agreeing with me. Sucked against everyone else, put pulled performances out of his behind against Australia.
Weird thing about Duminy was that he could legitimately bat, it just never really worked out at Test level most of the time. In contrast none of this SA batting lineup scare me.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Weird thing about Duminy was that he could legitimately bat, it just never really worked out at Test level most of the time. In contrast none of this SA batting lineup scare me.
Alarming hey. At least Duminy was a threat of pulling something out of his arse.

The most you can hope for from this mob is Elgar carrying his bat in a lost cause chasing 500. Verreynne's been the only interesting thing about their batting so far.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

Zac Crawley, batting miles out their crease, is trying to flick that for four.
Most of the South Africans are playing ball on bat. Hanging deep and just waiting to get done.

Gob

International Coach
Alarming hey. At least Duminy was a threat of pulling something out of his arse.

The most you can hope for from this mob is Elgar carrying his bat in a lost cause chasing 500. Verreynne's been the only interesting thing about their batting so far.
They miss de kock

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it ends today will Ch 7 launch legal proceedings about lost revenue because the pitch was too bowler-friendly?
Channel 7 has offered to drop the legal proceedings in turn for keeping the rights next cycle. You just know the dumb c***s at CA are going to stick with Fox/Seven.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
SA batting is junk. You can set them a hundred to win and still back your chances. Don't think Aus are chasing more than 50-75 here.

• Angry
Reactions: Gob

Stefan9

International Debutant
How many of the current side average more than JP? JP also did it more than twice in Australia across multiple series which suggest more than a fluke.
That would be elgar and bavuma, temba only by 1. Which clearly shows the issue of this batting lineup.
But apparently to select journeymen cricketers will solve this issue.

Gob

International Coach
Are there better options back in RSA?

I mean like young guys. Also is there a possibility for Brevis eventually or he is too focused on the short forms. Still haven't played a fc game I see