• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** Official **** Australia in South Africa 2020

SeamUp

International Coach
Oh well this just proves how hopeless I am with accents! :laugh:
:D Don't blame you tbf - lived in SA for nearly 20 years. Married Miss South Africa. So picked up the lingo.

Quite a few of the Aussie Rebels stayed playing cricket in SA.

Rod McCurdy and John Maguire for Eastern Province
Steve Smith for Transvaal
Mike Haysman for Northern Transvaal
Kim Hughes for Natal

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Soft from Smuts... was tentative could not make his mind up whether to just hit it or bunt it for one.

a massive zebra

International Captain
:D Don't blame you tbf - lived in SA for nearly 20 years. Married Miss South Africa. So picked up the lingo.

Quite a few of the Aussie Rebels stayed playing cricket in SA.

Rod McCurdy and John Maguire for Eastern Province
Steve Smith for Transvaal
Mike Haysman for Northern Transvaal
Lucky guy, I can see why she won Miss South Africa. :thumbup1:

Wow there was another Australian cricketer called Steve Smith? :-O

Learn something new everyday! :)

SeamUp

International Coach
Useless info but Kyle Verreynne is from my suburb. Went to my primary school and the 2 before him who also were FC cricketers Ryan Canning and Brad Barnes were also keepers.

Played club cricket with Kyle's older brother.

SeamUp

International Coach
Same as first dismissal in Paarl.

He has been hit on the head a couple of times domestically.

Wonder if there is weakness on the short ball ?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
These two need to take this very deep. Difficult wicket to come in and play from the get go.