• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
yeah we got it over these bad boys. they've played exceptional the last couple of encounters whilst we've only played normal. now both teams are playng norml we well and truly kick their butts. it's great.

Dydl

International Debutant
From an Aussie point of view, it is a dream come true. Just imagine-what if it was the other way round. The Indians' continuing their 35 year winning streak over Australia. And the Aussies would be groaning in agony. The Indians celebrating. Just imagine.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
to be honest i think that indian supporters are the worst winners in the world! it's going to be great to see them on the receiving end.

Dydl

International Debutant
I hope that we don't crow over them. That would be unsportsmanlike. And wouldn't be nice. No one has any right to crow over people, no matter how bad a winner they are.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
And Katich moves into the 90s. I hope he makes it, he's been magnificent from number 3 in this series, particularly in the first test and the first innings of the second.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Slats4ever said:
to be honest i think that indian supporters are the worst winners in the world! it's going to be great to see them on the receiving end.
It's a bit unfair to generalise Indian supporters like that. Every country has supporters like that.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
So where will Katich bat once Ponting returns? At 5?
5 seems likely. It will be interesting to see where he settles in the long term. Obviously he and Clarke are both likely to remain in the team for some time, and only Ponting really has any particular position earmarked for more than 2 or 3 years, given that Lehmann is fairly likely to retire after this tour or the Ashes and that Martyn, Hayden and Langer are all moving into the mid 30s. Katich is definately a top order player, so it's possible he will get 4 and Clarke will find himself batting at 5.

Either way, there's going to be a number of positions opening up in the Australian batting lineup by the end of the 2007 World Cup at the latest.

Dydl

International Debutant
The Aussies have young guns coming into the side, so when the current players go, there is still a good Australian team waiting to continue the good form.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
True, but he still played brilliantly and deserved a hundred for the second time in this series, and fell just short of it again.

Every batsman gets an extra life from time to time during their career, it's what you do with it that counts.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Every batsman has to get a 90 sometime.......but it was a bad end to a fine innings, however lucky it may have been!

hehehehe
Mr Patel has reminded the commentators and all of us to keep a check on the most neglected and most important part of cricket ...
Now they keep a check on Mr Gilchrist and recently I saw a portion of Pakistan , Srilanka game . The commentators were discussing the Wicket keeping , And they were praising Kamran Akmal . And boy , he took a blinder today ...