• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
it's actually 2 too many, as I've been arguing since the 2019 WC.

batting depth is over-rated in white ball cricket. Your number 8 does not need to be capable of hitting 120. They need to be capable of bowling 10 overs. I'm making fun of Stonis but today's actual problem was no partnerships and no-one else making a score. ODI cricket is your top 5-6 making runs and the bowlers at 7-8-9 smashing it around for the 15 balls they face at the end of the innings
batting depth isn’t overrated at all in odis, as an Indian fan who had to endure an entire cycle of near misses because everything was blamed on the lack of i

that doesn’t mean you play failures like Stoinis as 8 obviously, Abbott should be good enough

Molehill

International Captain

batting depth is over-rated in white ball cricket. Your number 8 does not need to be capable of hitting 120. They need to be capable of bowling 10 overs. I'm making fun of Stonis but today's actual problem was no partnerships and no-one else making a score. ODI cricket is your top 5-6 making runs and the bowlers at 7-8-9 smashing it around for the 15 balls they face at the end of the innings
Spot on. The weakness in this Aussie innings was that Smith and Marnus didn't see Australia through to the 40th over for an onslaught to begin.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

Batting depth is what makes England such a great odi side though

centurymaker

International Captain
Australia went too hard, as soon as they lost their 4th wicket or even 5th wicket they should have calmed down and tried to play out the overs first. At least they would posted 280-300 and given themselves a chance.

I am sure they will learn from this. Batting depth doesn't mean you can go flat out all the way despite losing so many wickets.

centurymaker

International Captain
I was just thinking that SKY who has poor technique won't last long.

And 1st ball he is OUT! lol ?

Please keep this hack away from ODIs and especially Test Cricket!

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Batting depth is what makes England such a great odi side though
No, it's the fact that they have Jos Butler, an amazing wicket-keeper/batter who fully deserves a spot in the team as a batter, which then allows them to 'create' an additional player. Australia has just dropped their keeper, although if Ingliss can prove himself worthy of the number 5 spot Australia will be in a very very good spot, instead of craming their keeper at either opening or 6/7

and in any case, the actual team that won the 2019 WC final had Woakes at 7 and Plunkett at 8.

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
No, it's the fact that they have Jos Butler, an amazing wicket-keeper/batter who fully deserves a spot in the team as a batter, which then allows them to 'create' an additional player. Australia has just dropped their keeper, although if Ingliss can prove himself worthy of the number 5 spot Australia will be in a very very good spot, instead of craming their keeper at either opening or 6/7

and in any case, the actual team that won the 2019 WC final had Woakes at 7 and Plunkett at 8.
they also had Rashid at 10, thats what the batting depth is and no other team can realistically do that while still having a good bowling attack