• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Marcus Stonis's batting average in ODIs since the start of the pandemic (16.7) is less than the number of ODIs he's played in that time (17)

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I remember the days when Watson would get criticised for his performances in an Aussie shirt ..Australia would kill to have an all rounder like that now

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember the days when Watson would get criticised for his performances in an Aussie shirt ..Australia would kill to have an all rounder like that now
Watson was basically never criticised for his white ball performances from about 2006 onwards

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyway I'm glad that nonsense is done so I can close that screen and watch the last quarter of Geelong-Collingwood instead

Molehill

International Captain
Marsh takes a lot of crap, but that innings would've been desperate without him (it still basically is mind). Feels like there's a number of players in that line up who don't really know what their job is.

Spark

Global Moderator
Marsh takes a lot of crap, but that innings would've been desperate without him (it still basically is mind). Feels like there's a number of players in that line up who don't really know what their job is.
MMarsh should have been a near instant pick in every ODI team since Clarke retired

EDIT: That may be overstating it. But he's certainly an obviously better all round option than Stoinis

Molehill

International Captain
Let's just say they lost the white ball series 4-2.
They only really took the ODI's seriously though, and that was without Bairstow, Root, Brook, Stokes, Livingstone. If they were to win the World Cup, they'd need to do it by pummelling teams with the batting because the bowling doesn't seem as good as before, notably the spinners who have regressed.

Spikey

Marsh not being picked for the 2019 WC but being picked for the 2019 Ashes will always be hilarious

what's not so funny is them deciding "ok we need to pick MMarsh, but let's still pick Stonis too"

Molehill

International Captain
Marsh not being picked for the 2019 WC but being picked for the 2019 Ashes will always be hilarious

what's not so funny is them deciding "ok we need to pick MMarsh, but let's still pick Stonis too"
Marsh, Stoinis and Green feels like at least 1 medium paced all rounder too many.

Spikey

Marsh, Stoinis and Green feels like at least 1 medium paced all rounder too many.
it's actually 2 too many, as I've been arguing since the 2019 WC.

batting depth is over-rated in white ball cricket. Your number 8 does not need to be capable of hitting 120. They need to be capable of bowling 10 overs. I'm making fun of Stonis but today's actual problem was no partnerships and no-one else making a score. ODI cricket is your top 5-6 making runs and the bowlers at 7-8-9 smashing it around for the 15 balls they face at the end of the innings