• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

ataraxia

International Coach
South Africa squad (15): Neil Brand*, Edward Moore, Raynard van Tonder, Zubayr Hamza, Keegan Petersen, David Bedingham, Khaya Zondo, Clyde Fortuin +, Ruan de Swardt, Mihlali Mpongwana, Shaun von Berg (lol), Duanne Olivier, Dane Paterson, Tshepo Moreki, Dane Piedt.

New Zealand squad (13): Tom Latham, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Rachin Ravindra, Daryl Mitchell, Will Young, Tom Blundell +, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee*, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Neil Wagner – one of Santner, Wagner, Jamieson to be swapped out for Will O'Rourke for the second test.

First test: 4–8 February 2024 (Sunday): Bay Oval, Tauranga
Second test: 13–17 February 2024 (Tuesday): Seddon Park, Hamilton

Three-day warmup game underway, into day 2. See scoring.nzc.nz for highlights – excellent dismissal of Bedingham.

Last edited:

Skyliner

International 12th Man
It's a meaningless game, I wouldn't read too much into any performances here..
Fair enough. The bulk of this makeshift SA team played (as SA A) a Windies A team and beat them 2 - 1 in South Africa. The Windies team was actually a really strong side, featuring many of the players that just beat Aus in Brisbane - including Shamar Joseph, Kevin Sinclair, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Joshua Da Silva, Kirk McKenzie.
Anyway, expecting SA to pose a tough challenge when the test series starts.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Fair enough. The bulk of this makeshift SA team played (as SA A) a Windies A team and beat them 2 - 1 in South Africa. The Windies team was actually pretty close to full test side, featuring many of the players that just beat Aus in Brisbane - including Shamar Joseph, Kevin Sinclair, Tagenarine Chanderpaul, Joshua Da Silva, Kirk McKenzie.
Anyway, expecting SA to pose a tough challenge when the test series starts.
Yeah I think West Indies beating Australia will give every touring team a bit of a lift in the series to come , I don't expect SA to win this series but we should be competitive ..

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah I think West Indies beating Australia will give every touring team a bit of a lift in the series to come , I don't expect SA to win this series but we should be competitive ..
I am actually very positive , i firmly believe we will see some old school test cricket that people refer to as "Boring" However if we are able to pull it off I'm foreseeing a series win to SA or potentially a drawn series . We have enough batting depth to bat 140+ overs and with the amount of spinners in the lineup this dictates the method this SA team might approach . Time will tell , but still a die heart SA fan . Many selected in this tour has had enough success to warrant a full call up but never got a fair opportunity or any opportunity .