• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I totally agree, @centurymaker but again this is just the ICC being pragmatic. No one knows if neutral tests will draw well and they need confirmation of where the game is etc. for the rights and broadcasting and marketing to work properly. I think if the final is a hit, we may see at least 2 match series going forward and maybe 3 if we are lucky some 10 years down the line. This is just a start and it is very much WIP, and for these reasons, I am happy it at least exists and gives the cricket community something to talk about in tests other than just tours.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kuldeep misses out for Nadeem..

Poor lad. Not sure when he'll ever get a game.

Maybe he's really bowling crap in the nets.

Daemon

Is Burns any good against spin? I see he's played a Lankan series before but not done that much.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Can't get my head around it. Guy's the first spinner since Kumble to pick up a five-fer in Aus, but still couldn't get a game after the bottom fell out of the bowling. Again passed over for a left-arm orthodox with one Test under his belt? At home now? What's the reasoning here? Nadeem is some kind of Jadeja is he?

trundler

So who's going to be a more atrocious keeper between Buttler and Pant? Reminder that Jos Buttler has taken one stumping so far in his test career.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Can't get my head around it. Guy's the first spinner since Kumble to pick up a five-fer in Aus, but still couldn't get a game after the bottom fell out of the bowling. Again passed over for a left-arm orthodox with one Test under his belt? At home now? What's the reasoning here? Nadeem is some kind of Jadeja is he?
Nah, you guys are over reacting, I feel. I think Axar's injury messed up the line up. If Axar was fit, I feel it would have been him and Kuldeep for Nadeem and Sundar. But since he is not fit and they are worried about batting Ash at 7, they got Sundar as the allrounder at 7 and got Nadeem in as he turns the ball the other way to both Sundar and Ash.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am honestly much more at peace watching us bowl than watching us bat. It has never really been this way. Our batting is supposed to be the fun watchable part. :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Kuldeep has a great googly, I dont think the turns the ball the same way thing is a valid explanation for this. Imo he's probably just not doing well in practice.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kuldeep has a great googly, I dont think the turns the ball the same way thing is a valid explanation for this. Imo he's probably just not doing well in practice.
He is not gonna bowl a googly every ball. And his stock ball still goes the same way. I mean, if you wanna discuss variations, Ashwin can bowl actual leg breaks apart from his carrom ball, lol. I feel they just wanted someone whose stock ball turned the other way and its fair enough too IMO.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shouldn't have been kept in the squad post-Aus then. Could be playing some cricket elsewhere.
Only SMAT was happening and we have seen his bowling has become very stale and predictable in T20s. I think he will play later in the series as long as the allrounder situation sorts itself out. Maybe Ash does well with the bat and gives Virat the confidence to play him at 7 and they get Shardul for one of our seamers in at 8 and then we can play both Nadeem and Kuldeep.