• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ's 20 Contracted Players

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nathan Astle
Shane Bond
Ian Butler
Chris Cairns
Stephen Fleming
Chris Harris
Brendon McCullum
Craig McMillan
Hamish Marshall
Chris Martin
Kyle Mills
Jacob Oram
Michael Papps
Mark Richardson
Mathew Sinclair
Scott Styris
Daryl Tuffey
Daniel Vettori
Lou Vincent
Paul Wiseman

OUT: Andre Adams, Robbie Hart, Matt Horne
NEW: Hamish Marshall, Chris Martin, Michael Papps

I haven't seen Marshall play before, or heard much of him outside Pakistan a while back, but he did do well there. He was my only surprise, really. I noticed Mason wasn't in, too. I never liked Wiseman, but I suppose I can see why he's there... I still think it would be better to give Bruce Martin a few ODI's or something, though. Otherwise fairly straight forward - thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, and I wish Andre Adams was around for longer than he was, but I guess he just didn't come through with the goods. He was a joy to watch, though, great for the entertainment. Never got a decent shot in test matches, though, with his average sitting on a 17.5 with 6 wickets, 5 matches, 31.4 overs. Injuries, I suppose? I haven't seen him for ages.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adams got a pasting from the Pakistan batsmen at the death in the ODIs, and was sent back to Auckland to regain form, when he conveniently injured himself and hasn't been seen much since.

I hope he comes back some time, on his day he is one of the best six hitters I've seen, not many can hit the ball as far as he can.

Majin

International Debutant
"I hope he comes back some time, on his day he is one of the best six hitters I've seen, not many can hit the ball as far as he can."

Oh man, Towns is gonna love you so hard. :}

I hope he comes back as well, he looks like a promising player.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Selectors got this list spot on if you ask me.

Matt Horne clearly had to drop out. He hasn't played for NZ since Sri Lanka last year where he continued to show that he can't really make the step-up.

Robbie Hart's international career is pretty much over now that Brendon McCullum has taken test duties. Michael Papps is a handy keeper also so there's no need to keep Hart in the top 20.

Andre Adams has had a forgettable 18 months or so & has well & truly slipped outside of NZ's top 20. I think if he can rediscover the x-factor he could easily make it back there though.

Marshall, Martin & Papps all deserved to get contracts.

Loony BoB

International Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
hurrah for chris harris! finally the selctors get it right!
Harry has had a contract for a pretty long time! I don't think they ever really doubted his ability in the ODI's, and he's often a 12th man in tests.