• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ under GrahamB (ICC 2005)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Somerset said:
Really disappointing that - especially seeing Goodwin in the team.
Goodwin playing for Zim is ridiculous. It begs the question whether this has been remotely checked through, it being just the six (?) years since he quit International cricket.

Graham

3rd Umpire
There needed to be a LOT more work done on getting the database accurate.

The thing that amuses me is that L.Mutyambizi starts with a FC average of about 9 and A.Maungwa with a FC average of about 4! Yet both are picked for the test side and have performed brilliantly!

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Graham said:
There needed to be a LOT more work done on getting the database accurate.

The thing that amuses me is that L.Mutyambizi starts with a FC average of about 9 and A.Maungwa with a FC average of about 4! Yet both are picked for the test side and have performed brilliantly!
Mutyambizi even made 80 runs in an ODI against my New Zealand side last night - not bad for a guy with an first class average of 9 and no international experience!

Chubb

International Regular
Amos Maungwa?
Luther Mutyambizi?

what the hell? there is no way either of these players would make the Zim XI right now.
Glen Barret no longer plays for Mash, Keith Kulinga hasn't played since 2003 (and then he only played one match), Pommie has retired, don't even get me started on Goodwin. This is awful. Just because Zimbabwe is a tiny country they think they can ignore it. I know a hell of a lot of people enjoy the challenge of playing with Zimbabwe, the cricketgames.com forum used to be full of guys with questions about Zimbabwe.

Last edited:

Graham

3rd Umpire
I've now paid for the game and it allows my trial game to continue. I ran the patch engine which updates it to 1.03, but don't know what that does if anything. :huh:

The NZ team for the first of three ODI's

The Zimbabwe lineup:

M.Vermeulen
S.Carlisle
G.Ewing
M.Goodwin
K.Went
A.Maungwa
N.Ferreira (wk)
H.Streak
G.Brent
R.Price
D.Hondo

Last edited:

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Wow, that database really sucks indeed :P
But anyways, enough of this, back to Graham's story! Well done mate, two conistant starts, but I think your best chance is to bat the Zims out of the game, your bowling is alright but the batting is better.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win mate, decent innings from Cairns but it doesn't look like the rest of the order got going.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Somerset said:
Good win mate, decent innings from Cairns but it doesn't look like the rest of the order got going.
No. Almost all got starts, but failed to go on.

Both teams remain unchanged for the second ODI.

Graham

3rd Umpire
The second ODI was a bit closer than I'd have liked.
We batted first on a poor pitch and had Chris Harris to thank for getting us through to 229 which was an okay score for the conditions.
Zimbabwe struggled through the middle overs of their innings, falling further and further behind the necessary run rate and it was this that ultimately led to their loss.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Ooooh... that is a bit close, isn't it?
What do you recon, should they replace the Zimbabwe team with the Red Lions? :D

Graham

3rd Umpire
chooka_nick said:
Ooooh... that is a bit close, isn't it?
What do you recon, should they replace the Zimbabwe team with the Red Lions? :D
That'll go down well with our Northern Hemisphere friends! :p

Graham

3rd Umpire
With the OD series wrapped up, I decided to give a few of the other squad members a run in the final ODI whereas the Zimbabwe lineup remained unchanged.

NZ side for the 3rd ODI

S.Fleming
M.Papps
P.Fulton
C.Cairns
M.Sinclair
M.Parlane (wk)
J.Ryder
B.Martin
A.Schwass
M.Mason
B.Hefford

The match was another close affair with the home side taking it out in the final over!

So we return home with a drawn test series and a 2-1 win in the OD series.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Next up a tour to South Africa.
I made one change to the squad, leaving out Chris Cairns in favour of bringing medium pace bowler Iain O'Brien in.

A shadow test lineup took the field for the three day friendly against Border.
The batsmen for the test are pretty much sorted with just the bowlers to be decided.