• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Is Collins Obuya playing again yet? Im tipping better things from the Kenyans this year. Also, is the Zimbabwe series 3 or 5 games?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Is Collins Obuya playing again yet? Im tipping better things from the Kenyans this year. Also, is the Zimbabwe series 3 or 5 games?
He would definitely be in the squad and may well play as a batsman in one or all the games against Uganda.
Waters will not be back for this series, so it will leave a space open in the order.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
He would definitely be in the squad and may well play as a batsman in one or all the games against Uganda.
Waters will not be back for this series, so it will leave a space open in the order.
Waters will be playing against Zimbabwe though right? I reckon they should give Maina a crack in the Uganda games. Obuya should tighten up the middle order a bit.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Waters will be playing against Zimbabwe though right? I reckon they should give Maina a crack in the Uganda games. Obuya should tighten up the middle order a bit.
Have not seen or heard much about David Maina since the Sahara OD leagues so I have no idea how far along the line he is on the pecking order. I expect they may open with one of the other Obuya brothers and give Rakep Patel another shot.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Uganda thumped a 'Kenya Select XI' by 73 runs in the first game according to the Daily Nation.

Looking at some of the Kenyan players mentioned, this looks like a development side bolstered with some national squad members:

Tony Suji & Kennedy Obuya - main squad members.

Other players:
Benjamin Oluga (U19),
Dominic Wesonga (always just a fringe player now about 30),
James Ngoche (20 - younger brother to Nemi, Lameck etc).

even so, this is a worrying thing for Kenya that this team was beaten so soundly.

Today's match will be against an almost full national side.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Uganda thumped a 'Kenya Select XI' by 73 runs in the first game according to the Daily Nation.

Looking at some of the Kenyan players mentioned, this looks like a development side bolstered with some national squad members:

Tony Suji & Kennedy Obuya - main squad members.

Other players:
Benjamin Oluga (U19),
Dominic Wesonga (always just a fringe player now about 30),
James Ngoche (20 - younger brother to Nemi, Lameck etc).

even so, this is a worrying thing for Kenya that this team was beaten so soundly.

Today's match will be against an almost full national side.
Looks like Uganda & Namibia are becoming a real threat to Kenya?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Both Namibia and Uganda are definitely teams that have improved a great deal in the last couple of years. And yes, they are certainly becoming a threat to Kenya if you see it that way.

A better way to see it I think - and to an extent I think CK have embraced this with Uganda - is to see it as a positive thing in that they will provide regular good competition close to home. The more decent competition from teams within Africa, the less we have to rely on the goodwill of other nations to improve the quality of our game.

There is really no reason that the Africa Cup could not be resurrected and be a really tight event.

If SA were to field an A team and the rest their best team, it would do a lot for development of the game in the continent. Regular competition against continental rivals would really get the local media interested and the public would get behind the game more as well.

You could have the top 6 teams in Africa (as per ICC and WCL rankings) all compete, so at present:

SA 'A'
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Namibia
Uganda
Tanzania

Any of the top 4 of those nations could play host at the moment, and Uganda and Tanzania have pitches that could be brought up to scratch as well - again a benefit for the game in the region.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Both Namibia and Uganda are definitely teams that have improved a great deal in the last couple of years. And yes, they are certainly becoming a threat to Kenya if you see it that way.

A better way to see it I think - and to an extent I think CK have embraced this with Uganda - is to see it as a positive thing in that they will provide regular good competition close to home. The more decent competition from teams within Africa, the less we have to rely on the goodwill of other nations to improve the quality of our game.

There is really no reason that the Africa Cup could not be resurrected and be a really tight event.

If SA were to field an A team and the rest their best team, it would do a lot for development of the game in the continent. Regular competition against continental rivals would really get the local media interested and the public would get behind the game more as well.

You could have the top 6 teams in Africa (as per ICC and WCL rankings) all compete, so at present:

SA 'A'
Zimbabwe
Kenya
Namibia
Uganda
Tanzania

Any of the top 4 of those nations could play host at the moment, and Uganda and Tanzania have pitches that could be brought up to scratch as well - again a benefit for the game in the region.
I would bring in Botswana as well as they need some support after winning africas div 2. Could be interesting but dosen't the ICC have any strict rule on conducting the tournament? As there are Div 1 competitions from every other region & not from Africa?

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Kenya get up by 32 runs v Uganda in the first proper one dayer.
Jimmy Kamande starring with both bat and ball.

Good to get the season off to a winning start for the team, but still far from convincing considering where we want to be wrt our neighbours.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
ACC Chalange Trophy, Thailand, Jan 2009

Group A:
Oman
Bhutan
Brunei
Myanmar

Group B:
Thailand
China
Iran
Maldives

Fixtures:
January 12th:
Match 01: Thailand V Maldives (Gymkhana)
Match 02: Bhutan V Oman (Prem Oval)

January 13th:
Match 03: China V Iran (Gymkhana)
Match 04: Myanmar V Brunei (Prem Oval)

January 14th:
Match 05: Bhutan V Brunei (Gymkhana)
Match 06: Maldives V Iran (Prem Oval)

January 15th:
Match 07: Oman V Myanmar (Gymkhana)
Match 08: China V Thailand (Prem Oval)

January 16th:
Match 09: Thailand V Iran (Gymkhana)
Match 10: Oman V Brunei (Prem Oval)

January 17th:
Match 11: Bhutan V Myanmar (Gymkhana)
Match 12: China V Maldives (Prem Oval)

January 18th:
Rest Day

January 19th:
Match 13: Semi Final 1: B1 V A2 (Gymkhana)
Match 14: Semi Final 2: A1 V B2 (Prem Oval)

January 20th:
Match 15: 7th & 8th Play Off: A4 V B4 (Gymkhana)
Match 16: 5th & 6th Play Off: A3 V B3 (Prem Oval)

January 21st:
Match 17: 3rd & 4th Playoff: LSF1 V LSF2 (Gymkhana)
Match 18: Final: WSF1 V WSF2 (Prem Oval)
8-)

Don't troll or the Kiwi fan base will get you banned so fast your awesome username will be little more than a memory in less than a week. :ph34r:
There's a Kiwi fan base? Fine, i'll stop trolling as long as my views coincide with the current performance of the New Zealand cricket team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
There's a Kiwi fan base? Fine, i'll stop trolling as long as my views coincide with the current performance of the New Zealand cricket team.
Probably 4th biggest on this site after Aus, India and the Pom's.

Yeah and if you be a wanker we'll call you on it for sure. :cool: