• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New WC formats

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Things I love from World Cups:

Malinga 4 in 4
Bangers vs India 2007
Ireland vs Pakistan St Patrick's Day 2007
Gibbs hitting 6 6s and making that Dutch bloke retire
Dwayne Leverock's catch
Ireland vs England 2011
Afghanistan's bowling lineup getting everyone so ****ing excited in 2015
Ireland looking like making the knockouts

And then in 2019 we got a set of finals. I don't reckon the group games were that special honestly. Some were but some always are.
All great moments, and in hindsight definitely a fair comment, but it's easy to forget all the boring thrashings that occur in 90% of the minnow games. I tend to agree that having minnows is part of the WC's charm but also very aware of the massive drawbacks, ie. having a 6 week + tournament where virtually none of the games even matter until you get to the end, and half of them are paddlings.

Kenya qualifying in 2003 was peak, especially since it went along with South Africa failing to qualify for the Super 6s of it's home World Cup due to a clerical error.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Handicaps for the minnows

Give Zimbabwe a 75 run head-start v India/Aus/Eng, 50 run head-start v SA/Pak/NZ, 25 runs v WI/Ban/SL etc.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Top 11 teams qualify, 12th team is a best of the rest.
This is the best solution and I think we had something like this in the previous tournament where there were qualifiers and the winner of the qualifiers joined others in the main draw.

Athlai

Not Terrible
By best of the rest I absolutely mean a random amalgamation of players selected from HK/UAE/Kenya/Neth/Scot etc etc

I love that ****

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf, with Geoff Barnett, Peter Borren, Logan van Beek and Ian Billcliff, there's been a reasonable amount of flow to associates from NZ over the years.

Flem274*

123/5
the irony of this coming from a NZ fan
haven't poached enough associate players/south africans yet have you?
i know china think kings college/auckland is a suburb of hong kong which is a suburb of china, but you're smarter than that

and hey ours came as babies or proven failures. we're not the good guys, but we're not england and their merry band of purchased odi mercenaries either. we're morally grey and that's in fashion rn.

WICFan

U19 Captain
It's good that more teams will get the chance to play at a 50 over World Cup. I'm not sure about the Super 6 bit. I quite liked the qualifying tournament we had for the last World Cup. Is 14 too many, probably, but we need to give it a chance to grow again.