• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New/uncommon statistics you'd like to see brought into cricket

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, his personal RPO at that point is 24.

Just convert the balls faced, instead of runs per hundred balls, it's just runs per six balls.

EDIT: that's how I'd be using the stat, anyway.
Nah that's not what the above was saying I don't think.

But anyway, it's the exact same as general SR anyway. Just need your calculator whilst watching the cricket. Doesn't everyone do that anyway?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah I think Jack was right. NUFAN was just saying that he thought a strike rate of 80 should instead of represented as a strike rate of 4.8. Purely a cosmetic change. SJS was saying the opposite - that an economy rate of 4.8 should actually be represented as an economy rate of 80.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

But anyway, it's the exact same as general SR anyway. Just need your calculator whilst watching the cricket. Doesn't everyone do that anyway?
Pfft calculator. Everyone knows cricket is played in Excel

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Stumbled across this thread.

Me and benchmark were never erm best friends but hey its a forum and it's been a long time and I'm not one to hold a grudge*. Interesting to see his +/- fielding idea in use and some others in the thread now fairly common place such as averages broken down by left and right etc.

*cannot be guaranteed in all circumstances

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Median score is an excellent statistic when combined with other stats - %of scores under 20, %of Not outs, %of runs scored with the tail.

In ODIs especially average is quickly becoming a meaningless statistic. Look at the averages of batsmen in the last world cup. Top order batsmen largely faced no threat at all from new ball bowling. Despite it being a "low scoring" world cup, 21 batsmen averaged >50. That's utterly insane. Nearly all of those batsmen were top 4 and a high proportion were openers. Batting in the 35-50 over part of the match was much more difficult than batting in the first 30 overs. We consider Kohli to have had an average world cup and he averaged 55.