• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New feature: Zero to Sixty, the first hundred, from Grace to Worrell

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Harvey's rating is an anomaly. On virtually every other impact rating, he ranks highly, often in top handful in fact. Always thought of him as an impactful player.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Harvey's rating is an anomaly. On virtually every other impact rating, he ranks highly, often in top handful in fact. Always thought of him as an impactful player.
I have no idea if this is right or not but perhaps he had less important matches during his prime, compared to his decline. I could be wrong of course.

chasingthedon

International Regular
I have no idea if this is right or not but perhaps he had less important matches during his prime, compared to his decline. I could be wrong of course.
Happy New Year!

Thanks for reading commenting, guys. Harvey's innings do show a relatively low number of 'important' innings by this definition overall, only around half the time. Harvey's numbers aren't greatly negative though - his career average was 48.41 so he isn't miles away from that in either category. If he'd come out at 35 and 60, for example, that would be more eye-opening.