• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Bert Sutcliffe - Longest Test career by any New Zealander 18 years 72 days
Q18.No.

Hint 3: It is to do with a lot of appearances...surely that'll give it away.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
When I said John Reid at Q14 - you should've said, Correct answer , but wrong record !! That's what I normally would've done . :)

Anyway here's my question , But I will be offline soon. So unfortunately won't be able to answer questions until tomorrow.

Question

Unique Record by a Father and son combination !! Unparallelled !!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
When I said John Reid at Q14 - you should've said, Correct answer , but wrong record !! That's what I normally would've done . :)

Anyway here's my question , But I will be offline soon. So unfortunately won't be able to answer questions until tomorrow.

Question

Unique Record by a Father and son combination !! Unparallelled !!
Well I mentioned that you were on the right track (by mentioning Reid) in that question, will try to be more specific in future.

Is the record Ian Botham being the only man to dismiss a father and son in test cricket - dismissing both Chris and Lance Cairns?

If not, is this combination from South Africa?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset said:
Is the record Ian Botham being the only man to dismiss a father and son in test cricket - dismissing both Chris and Lance Cairns?

If not, is this combination from South Africa?
Q1Is the record Ian Botham being the only man to dismiss a father and son in test cricket - dismissing both Chris and Lance Cairns? No

Q2 is this combination from South Africa ? No

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Are they from the southern hemisphere ?
Ah SJS has found a very good short cut to limit the questions spent in narrowing the country down !!! :laugh: :laugh:

Q5 Are they from the southern hemisphere ? Yes. :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Ah SJS has found a very good short cut to limit the questions spent in narrowing the country down !!! :laugh: :laugh:

Q5 Are they from the southern hemisphere ? Yes. :D
Lol!

Is New Zealand the country?

Bookie

U19 12th Man
This seems like an awesome question.

Is it to do with number of matches?

Is it associated with any numerical statistic?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:

:D
Yes. One has to manage within twenty. Cant go about squandering questions on ten countries :p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset said:
Is the father and son combination the Hadlees?

Only if no, the Cairns'?
Q7 Is the father and son combination the Hadlees? No

Q8 the Cairns ? No :D :D Try another one :laugh: :laugh:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Q7 Is the father and son combination the Hadlees? No

Q8 the Cairns ? No :D :D Try another one :laugh: :laugh:
Damn, there goes the two most likely families...I'm a little stuck now unfortunately...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Bookie said:
This seems like an awesome question.

Is it to do with number of matches?

Is it associated with any numerical statistic?
Q9 Is it to do with number of matches? No :D

Q 10 Is it associated with any numerical statistic ? No :D