• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

biased indian

International Coach
SJS said:
3) There is a tendency by some to pretend to own certain threads. I think thats not right. It isnt the first time that such a thing has happened. There is an attitude problem here.
and some have tendency to say they are correct on all things :ph34r:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Q2(The Baconator)Is it batting related? NO

Q1(Biased Indian)bowling related? NO

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Q3(The Baconator)Is it related to Test Cricket? YES

Q1(Biased Indian)bowling related? NO
Q3(The Baconator)Is it related to Test Cricket? YES

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:
Sorry. I never said I was correct. Read again.

SJS said:
1)
.... Yes I agree my question was off topic, sort of, but why shouldnt I be allowed to post another one.
I said I WAS off topic..

But that happens sometimes with all of us. All that is done , normally, is to point it out. Not to just take over.

It wasnt as if I had started an off topic thread. It was just a question in a quiz. It could easily have been replaced by another one.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:

And NO, I dont think I am correct on everything.

How can I be or anyone else for that matter?

But yes I do believe what I say, when I say it, until someone shows me I was wrong and that happens often enough for me to have kept learning all my life.

biased indian

International Coach
SJS i am not try to creat an argument hear but just pointing out some thing :D

You didnt say , I WAS off topic.. :@

You said , I WAS SORT OFF off topic.. :ph34r:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
biased indian said:
SJS i am not try to creat an argument hear but just pointing out some thing :D

You didnt say , I WAS off topic.. :@

You said , I WAS SORT OFF off topic.. :ph34r:
Yes I did and there is a reason form that. My question was about cricket but it also included the identity of a member of CW. So it was not totally off topic being a cricket quiz in a way.

I just tried to make it interesting and for a change.

No. I dont think this is about argument. Its about being civil to others and not decide arbitrarily and a tad arrogantly. And I would naot have reacted like that if it wasnt the THIRD time something like this was happening, to me, and from the same source.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
And I would naot have reacted like that if it wasnt the THIRD time something like this was happening, to me, and from the same source.
Want me to quote ??

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
1) When I posted on quality of threads I was talking aboult the inapropriate language etc and not that they were off topic.
I have no issue with that. I only have issue with some members of this forum trying to show up others as a lesser individuals because, they happen to make mistakes in their grammar or because they give opinions only or post brief threads !! Not everyone has luxury of time to spend posting monographs and essays on cricket subjects !! :D :D

SJS said:
2) If you felt it was off topic (my question) you should have said so. I would have posted another one. Yes I agree my question was off topic, sort of but why shouldnt I be allowed to post another one. But I promise you that question would have been fun too.
There are instances when a person posts funny questions or those not intended to be attempted seriously, for another person to post question superseding that . I was simply following that instinct. However I had said you could post an alternate question !! BI and everyone on this thread have seen that , So we were awaiting your altenate question !! But you did not do so for over a day or two . And in view of your failure to post such a question proceeded on with my question. Feel free to post your question in Off Topic thread . I am sure it will be appreciated there .

SJS said:
3) There is a tendency by some to pretend to own certain threads. I think thats not right. It isnt the first time that such a thing has happened. There is an attitude problem here.
I don't own this thread or for that matter any thread on CW. I post here for fun and the pleasure it gives me. If anything, I feel CW owns me !! :D

Only Pratyush who created the thread can have some claim to owning it !! :laugh:
Realistically speaking only James(owner of CW) owns this thread and everyother thread on CW. we mere mortals are participants.

A thosand apologies if I hurt your feelings !! I have already apologised earlier too !! :)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
I only have issue with some members of this forum trying to show up others as a lesser individuals because, they happen to make mistakes in their grammar or because they give opinions only or post brief threads !!
And the point is ....??? (Could you please put in the context)

JASON said:
Not everyone has luxury of time to spend posting monographs and essays on cricket subjects !!
And the point is....?? ( I presume you are refering to my posts being long in many cases. What has this to do with whats being discussed here?)

I will deal with the rest once I have this vague bit out of the way.

Either dont get into an argument and if you do, try not to be vague. I am available to clarify every single word of what I have said. It has nothing to do with availabiity of time. Which isnt anybody's business anyway but because if there is one thing I cant stand it is people talikng in a round about way with half truths.

As far as apologies are cincerned, none are required tongue in cheek or otherwise.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
And the point is ....??? (Could you please put in the context)
This has nothing to do with you, I only menioned it here because there are some CW members who eternally go on and on about quality of the forum and how some are posting poor quality posts etc..etc. However I do remember your telling me about quality of posts after I had made some humourous response to Nnanden's comments about the number of Indian Cricket related threads !!

SJS said:
Either dont get into an argument and if you do, try not to be vague.
No one's trying to get into an argument with you !! :D :D If anything as I see it, you are trying to create an argument out of nothing !! :laugh: :laugh:
What's going on? Relax !! No one's picking a fight with you !

SJS said:
As far as apologies are concerned, none are required tongue in cheek or otherwise.
My apology was genuine and if you feel that's not required , that's OK with me.

If you are ruffled because of my comment "Let no man and his dog preach to others" - that was quoted for fun !! Don't take that seriously !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
However I do remember your telling me about quality of posts after I had made some humourous response to Nnanden's comments about the number of Indian Cricket related threads !!
Thats not true !!
I said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the quality of threads.
Just to refresh your memory.

Nnanden mentioned about too many India related threads.
Quoting that you put a few smilies.
I then posted

QUOTE :
Count the total population of all crickeing nations and take the Indian population as a proportion of that and then you wont be surprised
UNQUOTE

There was no criticism of anyone's post or its quality.

But you assumed I was upset.

Didn't mean to upset you , O' holy one !! (notice the totally uncalled for addressing as O'holy one)

I replied.

Come on Jason. I am not upset. Just pointing out a fact.

If I was upset, I would have said something like, 75% of the money the game generates comes from India

My problem is not with so many India and subcontinent dominated threads but with the lack of solid content in them.

There are some very god posters from the subcontinent but the over all standards arent great , unfortunately.

If this is what you are talking of, it is clear how much off the context you are. I was , in fact, telling that while there was nothing wrong , or surprising, about too many posts from the sub-continent, one wished the quality was uniformly better.

How is this to be quoted in the context of telling me what was wrong with my "off topic" question?

Yes. I AM getting into an argument because I am upset. I wouldnt have been had it been the first time. It is happening again and again and very often off late.

I can show you numerous posts where you have said, always with a smiley I must admit, things like, sjs is trying to sabotage this thread, etc. Once you gave me a 300 word essay on what was wrong with my posts on the guru thread and I went away saying I wasnt enjoying this anymore.

Again we are starting something similar.

I have nothing further to say on this subject. The matter is closed as far as I am concerned.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I apologise to all concerned on this thread. It seems nothing I say is going to appease you,SJS, so lets leave it at that as Jamee999 has said !! :mellow: