• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
OKAY. That ends 20 questions. Here is the correct answer.

The player was Jim Griffiths, the Northamptonshire fast bowler.

After scoring 6 runs on his debut he played another 8 matches, 10 innings, spread over the seasons, 1974, 1976 and 1977 scoring only ducks, before he could add to his career first class runs tally of SIX !!

His sequence of scores during these three seasons (he did not play during 1975) was a monotonous

0,0*,0*,0,0,0,0,0*,0,and yet another 0

His record is, the longest time taken to add to his first class career total runs !!

Anyone may take the next question please.

shankar

International Debutant
I'll ask the question that went unanswered in the cricket guru thread:

"I met X at a match in England several years before he was into the international side and asked for his autograph," Y recalled. He said he didnt have the time. "When we beat them in the cricket world cup I went upto him and said, 'A few years ago I asked for your autograph and you wouldnt give it. Now I am saying you can have mine.'"

Who are X and Y?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shankar said:
I'll ask the question that went unanswered in the cricket guru thread:

"I met X at a match in England several years before he was into the international side and asked for his autograph," Y recalled. He said he didnt have the time. "When we beat them in the cricket world cup I went upto him and said, 'A few years ago I asked for your autograph and you wouldnt give it. Now I am saying you can have mine.'"

Who are X and Y?
Is Y from a test playing country?
(I doubt it :p )

shankar

International Debutant
Didnt notice that the thread had moved onto pg 147 and kept refreshing page 146 wondering why you werent answering!!!