• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name-changing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Do I remember reading somewhere that name-changing is now banned?
Does that mean poor Jack has to live with vic_orthdox for ever more?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Yes it is banned, because Nikhil kept abusing the option. But Macca wouldn't be the same if he was less orthdox. Infact I'd be so disgusted I'd...errm...do something that I haven't quite thought of.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Daym... I've grown to hate the "ard" bit of late.
Sounds overtly and stupidly formal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In fact... why can't Nikhil just be banned from changing and everyone else allowed to?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A bit of an over-reaction if you ask me. Just use common sense with it... if someone requests a name change every two days, just say no to them... It seems a bit silly to ban the whole thing based on one person abusing it.

I've seen many people abuse their right to post, but posting hasnt been banned altogether - they have simply had their posting rights removed...

PY

International Coach
Prince EWS said:
I've seen many people abuse their right to post, but posting hasnt been banned altogether - they have simply had their posting rights removed...
Thus removing the whole point of being on the forum anyway. :happy:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I still change usernames if a good and valid reason is given.

I 8-) at requests like "I'm bored of my current username, can I change it?"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
Thus removing the whole point of being on the forum anyway. :happy:
Well, yes, but... everyone hasn't been banned from posting, have they?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
James said:
I still change usernames if a good and valid reason is given.

I 8-) at requests like "I'm bored of my current username, can I change it?"
Is "I hate being called Richard because it sounds horribly formal" a valid reason?

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Then people wouldn't know it was 'Richard', the member we've come to know and love ;)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
ive asked for to change Kwek to Kweek as Kwek was a typo...and you said you'll do it, and i still got this doomed nickname :(

Rich2001

International Captain
James said:
Then people wouldn't know it was 'Richard', the member we've come to know and love ;)
Richard, want to trade for a week see how you like the informal look :happy: - You can even take my CW role as well lets see the jobs to do list isn't very long at the momment James is off form, just 9,765 on there :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.