• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Colourful cricketer at World Cup 2007

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Actually I might have drawn more attention to Leverock - i posted a photo of him in a forum I'm a member of about a tennis player and I find it hillarious that the European members of the forum just can't fathom it out. They can't understand why someone like him can play in a WC. Personally I think it's great - and remember WG - probably one of the two most important players in the history of cricket - wasn't exactly a size Zero either!:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not a chance. Giles took, what, 3? No way would Panesar have done much, if any, better.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because there was virtually nothing in the pitches for fingerspinners! If there was Giles would have been a threat!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From Dwayne Leverock's Wikipedia page:
Other Sports

Leverock once claimed a silver medal in the 110 metre hurdles at the Junior Caribbean Games as well as playing football at Hull City with Bermudian team Zebras, where he was a striker.
:-O

pup11

International Coach
Leverock winning a silver medal in a hurdles you got to be kidding right?, i think that has to be the biggest joke of the century.

Was he running through the hurdles because i can't imagine him jumping over them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:lol:

Your posting style seems to have changed pup. More spaces and stuff. Am I imagining this?

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Be realistic. Panesar being better than Giles is not the main reason he has become a cult hero. If Batty turned out to be better than Giles, people would not be wearing huge Gareth masks in the stands.
Well Panesar is a Sardar(who for some reason are considered funny in India), he wears a turban, sports a beard and mustache, and does a funny sort of wicket celebration.

pup11

International Coach
No Geraint you aren't imaging things my posting style has definietly changed, you just try to improve with time so trying hard mate!!

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Jimmy Kamande, his little jig is pretty cool.
Beat me to it - I have yet to meet someone who loves their cricket more and it shows.
Great bloke, great jig.

As to his elbow - that was a long time ago when he was a seam bowler. He had a lot of time off to deal with it, did so, despite it nearly ending his career, and has re-invented himself as a spinner. His action now is no worse than any other bowler out there and a lot better than some. Consider how many overs he bowled recently with Hair umpiring - if there was anything still wrong, he would have certainly been called then.