• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minor counties v Sri Lanka 1983

Oldbadger

Cricket Spectator
Does anyone have copies of minor counties v Sri Lankan’s from 1983? 2 matches, both World Cup “warm up matches”

leejones

Cricket Spectator
If you mean highlights they wouldnt have been televised. Not all the 1983 World Cup matches were shown on tv.

Oldbadger

Cricket Spectator
Checked all obvious sources, cricinfo, cricketarchive, wisden & minor counties yearbook. Mcca are not sure if they have the scorebook either. Local papers next

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Checked all obvious sources, cricinfo, cricketarchive, wisden & minor counties yearbook. Mcca are not sure if they have the scorebook either. Local papers next
The ACS have an email group - I'm guessing you're probably not a member, in which case I'm happy to put an email up there as I suspect that will be your best hope of getting what you need

Oldbadger

Cricket Spectator
I am a member of ACS I will chase them up also. Mcca yearbook for 1984 shows potted scores for warm up games v Zimbabwe & India but nothing for Sri Lanka matches. Perhaps they were not minor counties rep teams as cricketarchive shows. I’m on a mission!