• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Bevan

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
play for Tuggeranong as well.

We're in the middle of playing Marist at the moment. I'm embarassed to reveal our 1st innings score last weekend.

10/61.

Yeah that's right lol
I can beat that. When playing U/16's, my team was bowled out for 20 on a pitch which we should not have played a game of cricket on (it was so wet it had a thin film of water on it for crying out loud!). Just to ram home that point a little more, we then bowled them out for 32, with Top_Cat taking 8 of those. :D

Just to highlight how bad this pitch was, I faced two balls when I batted; the first one was pitched so wide it was almost in line with the return crease so obviously I couldn't get anywhere near it and decided to let it go. I was stunned to see it cut back and hit me in the chest. Next ball was a half-volley which pitched and lept up to about waist height and I hit it to gully.

Incidentally, I'm 24. :)

Craig

World Traveller
Top_Cat said:
I can beat that. When playing U/16's, my team was bowled out for 20 on a pitch which we should not have played a game of cricket on (it was so wet it had a thin film of water on it for crying out loud!). Just to ram home that point a little more, we then bowled them out for 32, with Top_Cat taking 8 of those. :D

Just to highlight how bad this pitch was, I faced two balls when I batted; the first one was pitched so wide it was almost in line with the return crease so obviously I couldn't get anywhere near it and decided to let it go. I was stunned to see it cut back and hit me in the chest. Next ball was a half-volley which pitched and lept up to about waist height and I hit it to gully.

Incidentally, I'm 24. :)
At u/15 level, my team was bowled out for 60 once chasng 125, it is pretty good considering we were 9/25 at one point, until the number 10 and 11 put 35 runs together for the last wicket.

The next week they were opening the batting.

We were bowled for 44 once, but I was 12th man for each of those games.

We were bowled out for 64 chasing 236 off 34 overs, with yours truely out for 0. In that season I was inspired by AA, I made 5 ducks in a row.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
meh, a tea i was in got bowled out for 19 a few years back, i was captain that game too, though as we improved dramatically after that (they got 9/165 dec, me 3/12) and in our 2nd dig we were 4/143 (me 40 odd not out).

bowling wise we bowled a team out for 6 once, that was pretty funny, we passed them in 3 balls:lol: :lol: :lol:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I heard on the radio the other day about this U/18 or something team in Perth who were bowled out for 12. Highest score was 12- however that was the sundries:D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
I think theres a few more then that who aren't teenagers...

Me being one of them i know i would love to be a teen again...
I'm 20, Marc's 26, Andre's 17, Eddie's old enough to be my dad, easily...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
I just turned 20, am I still considered a teenager? lol.
By the lack of a "teen" at the end of your age (example: "Sixteen"), I'm afraid not. Your a man now Tim :lol:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rik said:
I'm 20, Marc's 26, Andre's 17, Eddie's old enough to be my dad, easily...
Grandad, too, with a bit of imagination...

(50 --> 20) - Fifteen years' grace is enough :P

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Best I can do is when we bowled-out Torquay for 26 in 2001 on a pitch on which nothing bounced more than 10 inches or so. 9 bowleds; yours truly took 6 of them and the one catch, a return.
In 4 overs.
Inzamam-Ul-Haq scored 18* of them (or at least we called him that because he was the right shape, right speed between the wickets, and right ability in coping with his home pitches that others understandibly struggled on).
I went in at 3 after our best batsmen played back (the bowler was about 60-odd mph and it pitched halfway down, so you can't blame him) and scored 13*. Don't ask me how.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
By the way, Bevan is uncannily like the Bangladeshis, yes - amazing how good he is against everything but the short-ball, though.
Amazed to find-out how old some people are on here.

Eclipse

International Debutant
There is nothing much wrong with bevens play against the short ball these days as most Australians would know but he still does not have any hope of making the test team.

Craig

World Traveller
Richard said:
By the way, Bevan is uncannily like the Bangladeshis, yes - amazing how good he is against everything but the short-ball, though.
Amazed to find-out how old some people are on here.
That's simple my friend, click on people's profiles. It can reveal all.

deeps

International 12th Man
i'm 18, but i played U16's for WA 2 years ago...An all-rounder, (atm,i think that reflects my physyique more than nething else)..i dislocated my shoulder pretty badly play Football wif a couple of mates, it's only starting to getting better now... I should be able to bowl again in 6 months. I can bat kinda ok,except i can't go for the big hits and stuff,coz shoulder still hurts :(

deeps

International 12th Man
The u/16 team bowled out a tasmanian u/16 team for 12 once... Our captain said to us " 13 to win, see if we can do it with 3 sixes"

we ended up winning the game 6/18 with me hitting one six that ended up landing in a garbage biN!!! i got bowled the next ball though :(