• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McGrath speaking from an old script?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by full_length
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2002/oct/16glen.htm

I thought Hussain was just being criticised for being overtly optimistic. Glen must have recited his mental-dis***-notes from the last Ashes :lol:
Or did Hussain make those remarks?

[Edited on 16/10/2002 by full_length]
Poor Nasser.:(

When he dared to say that England can possibly win the Ashes this time around, people like Lillee were there to bite his head off for supposedly committing cricketing sacrilege.

Now he does an about turn and says he will be happy if they can just compete(did he really say that? seems to me there was no point. his false modesty underdog strategy didn't even work against India and against Australia, every other team is an underdog anyway.) and McGrath comes down on him for being wimpy and defeatist.

Anyway, it seems that the war of words for the Ashes atleast has begun in real earnest.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by full_length
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2002/oct/16glen.htm

I thought Hussain was just being criticised for being overtly optimistic. Glen must have recited his mental-dis***-notes from the last Ashes :lol:
Or did Hussain make those remarks?
Yes, I thought Hussain was being very positive about the Ashes.Where did he make those comments that McGrath attributes to him ?

There is no point at making such comments if at all Hussain made them.They should take the Aussies head on and that's the only way they will have a chance.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh I wish these bloody Aussies would just shut up and let battle commence! Some people seem to not realise Cricket is a game...its not life or death, so would people like McGrath stop treating it like it? Its un-called for and leaves most people with a bitter taste in their mouthes because someone just can't resist putting England down!

Anyway I feel Hussain has been pretty positive with his side's chances, so I don't know what McGrath is on about...

[Edited on 16/10/2002 by Rik]

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
What can one say ? If they (Australians) are peforming well, there is no reason for them to be squeezing breathing space for the others around.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if Glenn targets Tresco as his key man then I hope Tresco gives him some stick back, but in runs rather than verbals. McGrath isn't such a great bowler when you leave his deliveries alone though, then he has to aim at the stumps and get driven to the boundary...as pioneered by NZ!