• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McCullum to open the batting

Flem274*

123/5
I thought McMillan would be the key in 20/20, he should be at four imo. I also think Taylor should be three and Oram five. It's not really Fulton's game imo.
Fulton used to be slow but then he started to develop as a one day player during the chappel hadlee getting that very fast 50. Since then his batting pace has not been an issue.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fulton used to be slow but then he started to develop as a one day player during the chappel hadlee getting that very fast 50. Since then his batting pace has not been an issue.
Fulton was the reason we won that game. Brilliant stuff. (the Mc's finished it, but HE started it.)

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
I agree with you, just a pity the selectors have screwed him around in Test cricket so far.
Similar for ODI cricket, too... he's batted everywhere. But in the NZ lineup, pretty much everyone has had a crack at every position :wacko:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Similar for ODI cricket, too... he's batted everywhere. But in the NZ lineup, pretty much everyone has had a crack at every position :wacko:
TBF he hasn't been pushed up to open, a position he clearly isn't suited to, like has happened in Test cricket.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
But in all honesty, now that Flem has retired from one dayers we are now short an opening batsman. There has to be a new opening batsman tried in this 20/20 rubbish, to give them a try before the more serious cricket begins later.... McCullum probably isnt a great choice but really, who else do we have???????

Personally, I would have chosen Ryder. ..... How is not good enough and Papps is a battler at best. But it seems NZcricket and Braces dont like him.

Just on another note. Dropping Fleming from the captaincy seems to have made more trouble than its worth and frankly, I think Boof Bracewell just enjoys antagonizing people. Thats his character, Maybe he thinks its going to rev Fleming up or something, but hes an abrasive, guy thats just likes stirring things up...Just a guess......

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why on earth would anybody be an advocate of Jesse Ryder in ODI cricket? With that fantastic average of 24.93 in List A games he must be a real run machine. Yeah he bats at a pretty good strike rate and can bowl a couple overs, but he hasn't done enough for Wellington to deserve a spot in the Black Caps in ODI cricket.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Why on earth would anybody be an advocate of Jesse Ryder in ODI cricket? With that fantastic average of 24.93 in List A games he must be a real run machine. Yeah he bats at a pretty good strike rate and can bowl a couple overs, but he hasn't done enough for Wellington to deserve a spot in the Black Caps in ODI cricket.
Totally Agree. He hasn't consistently proved himself at Domestic level and he also has a bad attitude which is not worthy of a test place.