• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mathew Sinclair

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was given heaps of chances he just wasn't that good. Still he was a lot better than almost all of the top-order bats they tried around that time

thierry henry

International Coach
In retrospect, what's really weird is that he played so many ODIs. Probably your classic case of a guy being given a run in ODIs to see if he was good enough for tests, and then his performances in a format he sucked at unjustly hurting his test reputation.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
After 12 tests he was averaging 52 with 2 double hundreds (WI on debut and Pakistan) and 150 vs South Africa. For his remaining 21 tests he averaged 20.87 with a high score of 76.

To be fair at times Sinclair seemed to only come back in for 1-2 tests whereas some players from Canterbury had a much longer rope.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd agree he was often brought back on a strangely short rope. I'd also note that he played a LOT of tests anyway.

Chrish

International Debutant
Yup I remember seeing his first double hundred live and thinking this guy is good. Then he just disappeared after a while.