• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Richardson or Marcus Trescothick?

Richardson or Trescothick?

• Total voters

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
A defensive lefthander vs an aggressive one. Both were key players for their respective sides. Who was better?

Molehill

International Captain
But for a stress related illness, one of them would've played over 100 Tests, I'm not sure how their careers are even comparable.

I particularly like how someone thought it might be a good idea to try Richardson in ODI's. He didn't disappoint with a SR of 43 from his 4 attempts.

thierry henry

International Coach
Woof. Definitely Richardson. Looking back on it, Trescothick was pretty much the archetype of the disgusting English non-batsman. Ahead of his time in his repugnance, I guess.

Aritro

International Regular
Speaking of technique, Richardson's was very poor against spin.

Everyone pissing themselves when they brought the stretcher out wasn't very nice now wasn't very nice was it.

Wtf did he even do to himself? It looked completely innocuous.

Sunil1z

International Regular
IIRC it was Trescothick who set up the foundation for 2005 Ashes by destroying Aus in 2004 CT semi final .