• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Le Tour 2005

Chubb

International Regular
Totschnig really deserved that win, it completely broke him, he was bawling his eyes out at the end. what strength to hang on! Vino wasn't helped by Kloden and Ullrich on the bottom of the Ax-3 Domaines climb, they reeled him back. Ligget and Sherwen (no eurosport here) were saying that might be the end for him at T-Mobile and he might go to Disco next year.

Disco were obviously surprised by the T-Mobile attacks (were they missing Beltran?) but I think that the men in pink have made a mistake, because tomorrow is an absolute beast. I think Armstrong will wrap it up tomorrow, but of course anything could still happen.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Yes Armstrong seems too have it won but i was very impressed by the way Basso stayed with him right untill the end of that stage.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Basso done well after pushing the pace all the time during the climb, but damn Armstrong is good. Beltran pulled out the day before after hitting the deck.

Craig

World Traveller
I think that sprint showed that Armstrong hasn't lost his sprint in his pre cancer days when he was one of the best classic/one day riders around. In fact he had even been world champion.

Craig

World Traveller
Craig said:
And Beltran has crashed out so for the first time since 2001 Armstrong wwill have at a max 7 team-mates to finish with in Paris.

For tonight's flat stage, unless a breakway happens, I'm tipping McEwen.
I love being right :p

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Well-tipped ... disappointed with Michael Rogers's ride, 21 minutes behind Totschnig. Cadel Evans is flying the Aussie banner alone in the GC I feel now

Craig

World Traveller
I was alo impressed with Floyd Landis in how he was able to stay with the leading group until he cracked on the final climb. I've always rated him highly and now he is proving that.

I also now no longer rate Roberto Heras.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Todys stage similar too yesterdays with a breakaway winning and only Ivan Basso able too live with Armstrong out of main group. Well done George Hincapie for winning his first stage after years of working for Armstrong

Craig

World Traveller
I'm surprised Armstrong hasn't won a stage yet - but I supose he doesn't need to at the moment.

I'm also they didn't have a piece on Armstrong's tea mate who crashed and died in 1995.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Armstrong is playing it well ... he's in front and doesn't need to waste energy going for the glory of a stage win

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I was just watching the Tour on Fox, and I actually quite liked it. But I don't really understand how it works. What's with all the different colours, yellow, white, polka dot!? Is there like lots of races in the one race?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Buddhmaster said:
I was just watching the Tour on Fox, and I actually quite liked it. But I don't really understand how it works. What's with all the different colours, yellow, white, polka dot!? Is there like lots of races in the one race?
Yeah, basically. There's different competitions within the Tour. The yellow jersey is the overall standings, which is the most prized of them all, but there's also green for sprinters, polka dot for King Of The Mountains, and white for the young riders competition.

Cloete

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
So it's possible to be wearing all 4?
No, it isn't. You can only wear one at any time.

The order of prestige is:

Yellow (GC)
Green (Sprinters)
Polka-Dot (King of the Mountains)
White (Young Rider, under 25)

Guys who win the yellow can often be viable for many jersies if they've won a few stages, but obviously they just win the yellow.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Buddhmaster said:
So it's possible to be wearing all 4?
Concievably. You'd have to be quite the rider to outsprint the sprinters, outclimb the climbers, still maintain the best overall time out of all the riders AND be young enough to be eligable for the white as well. ;)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Buddhmaster said:
Hahaha, did it suck you in aswell did it