• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kusal Mendis arrested after being involved in fatal road accident

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrible news. Might end his career but that's obviously not the tragedy here.

SillyCowCorner1

Oh no, I'm really saddened to hear this news. Kusal is one of the young cricketers in world cricket that I am excited about. I hope he serves his time, recovers, and come back strong.

Condolences to the family of the cyclist that have lost his life in this accident.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently has fallen asleep while driving, and ran over a a bicycle rider. Reports say he was not drunk. Pretty odd for a Lankan cricketer who meets with a road traffic accident. :ph34r:

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not good at all, but it seems so far to be more a genuine accident than a Frank Wrathall type situation.

Rest in peace to the man who died

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently has fallen asleep while driving, and ran over a a bicycle rider. Reports say he was not drunk. Pretty odd for a Lankan cricketer who meets with a road traffic accident. :ph34r:
Oh that's terrible. I once went into micro sleep on a highway. I was jolted into awareness by the audible lines which probably saved my life. I was buzzing with adrenalin for the next few hours.

TheJediBrah

Oh that's terrible. I once went into micro sleep on a highway. I was jolted into awareness by the audible lines which probably saved my life. I was buzzing with adrenalin for the next few hours.
I slid briefly on black ice once felt like I was close to going out of control, really freaked me out

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I slid briefly on black ice once felt like I was close to going out of control, really freaked me out
Black ice is ****ing dangerous, especially for people who haven't experienced it. I went off the track and off a small cliff, during the time I was in UK. Apllied brakes on a bend, not realizing it was black ice.

Daemon

This happened to me in the US, scared the **** out of me. Started singing songs aloud to keep myself awake after that.

TheJediBrah

Black ice is ****ing dangerous, especially for people who haven't experienced it. I went off the track and off a small cliff, during the time I was in UK. Apllied brakes on a bend, not realizing it was black ice.
you drove of a ****ing cliff?

alpha